Unexpected genius

Requested by jaynuggy

It was a late evening and Kara Danvers was walking into L-Corp, with a bag full of food...Because she knew that her girlfriend was working without a break and did not eat...And she also did get a call form Lena's assistant, Jess. 

She walked through the empty reception, greeted by the few security guards there, went into the elevator and headed to the minus floors, since that's where the labs were. Right when she heard the ding, she stepped out of the elevator and strolled to the last lab, knowing exactly that was Lena's private laboratory. At first she knocked, but nobody answered. Then she tried again and still no answer...Immediately she used her super hearing and heard a steady heartbeat. She sighed in relief when she heard Lena's calming heartbeat and without even knowing it, she just kinda barged into the lab...Surprising the CEO. "God Kara! You gave me a heart attack." Lena said  in shock and had a screwdriver ready in her hand. "Hey Lee. Bad weapon choice, by the way if that screwdriver would have hit my skin than it would have been really...Screwed." Joked Kara and made both chuckle. "Very funny, babe...Is that pasta?" Lena gave her girlfriend a kiss and had her arms around the Super's broad shoulders. "Yup, I kinda forced the owner there to keep it a longer open." Kara smiled and went to kiss Lena again, because Rao she really can't get enough. "Hmm...You're hot when you're angry or threatening someone." Lena said seductively, whispering into Kara's ears. "Mhh, am I?" Kara teased, having a smirk on her face...All I can say that, that smirk on Kara's face made so many things to Lena. But sadly their sexual tension was interrupted when Lena's stomach and Kara's growled. "Let's eat!" Kara said and started to pack out the food.

They made themselves comfortable and started eating, having conversations here and there. "So what are you working on?" Kara asked and got a frustrated sigh from Lena. "NASA asked me if I can build a satellite that can clean up the dead satellites and bring them safely to Earth, so that there would be less waste in space...But I just can't get it right." Lena said totally frustrated and Kara just grabbed her hand, trying to soothe her girlfriend. "Can I see your blueprints and calculations?" Kara asked and Lena looked at her curiously, but at the end she did give her note book and blueprints to Kara. The Super started to inspect the calculations and calculated them in her head, making sure they were correct. Then she inspected the blueprints, plus the material and searched for the problem because she knew something went wrong during the calculation. Lena just watcher her girlfriend carefully and was surprised when Kara started to rip out empty pages form her note book and scribble something on it. As she looked closer, she saw Kara doing  a knew calculation and was rather surprised when she did them all in her head. Of course, Kara used her superspeed to calculate and mark all the mistakes on the blueprints. And then in a second Kara yelled: "I got it!"

Lena looked at Kara with adoration, amazement and surprise. She grabbed the papers and blueprints and was utterly shocked, how her girlfriend was able to calculate some of the most  complicated mathematics and physics ever. "Of course, how did I not see the mistake? I calculated the solar panels, rocket acceleration and telescope wrong." Lena said absolutely dumbfounded and slapped her hand onto her forehead. "Hey at least it's right know." Kara cheered happily and embraced Lena from behind. "Kara...How the hell were you able to calculate this in your head? And you did it in a matter of seconds." Lena said in amazement and Kara just chuckled. "I never mentioned to you that I was a prodigy in the science guild on Krypton?" Kara asked and Lena nodded a no. "You are a prodigy?! And you nerve mentioned it? And you are a reporter, but a prodigy in science?" The Luthor just blurted those questions out and Kara found it cute. "Well, I'm a reporter because I love to write and I want to expose the truth. And I am shocked that I never mention it to you. Basically what I just calculated is nothing hard, those were the basics on Krypton." Kara said casually and Lena's mouth was agape. "You're kidding? They're were basics?" Lena asked in utter shock and Kara nodded. 

The Luthor wanted to test the Kryptonian's knowledge and wrote an unsolved calculation on a piece of paper. "Love, I want you to calculate this." Lena said and handed the paper to Kara. The Super clicked with her pen for a short time, looking carefully at the calculation...The she started to write and in a minute she said: "I'm done." And handed the paper to her girlfriend, who's eyes widen. "You do know you just solved a unsolved calculation, that scientists have been trying to solve for years." Lena explained and saw her Kara's eyes widen. "That was unsolved? Really?" The blonde asked and Lena just nodded. "How come did I never notice that my girlfriend is a literal unknown genius?" Lena shook her head and made Kara laugh. "Baby, I leave the genius part to you." Kara answered and kissed Lena softly. "At least I know whom to call if I have problems." Lena teased and Kara rolled her eyes in amusement. 

"So let's build the satellite!" Kara said a little enthusiastically and Lena just fell harder in love for the Kryptonian. Together they started build the first prototype of the satellite and Kara just kept on surprising Lena more and more...Lena even started to wonder if Kara had other hidden talents, but that's for another story. After hours of hard work, they were finally done. "Would you look at that." Kara grinned and pecked Lena's cheek, making her smile. "Something we built together." Lena whispered and went to kiss Kara deeply. As they broke the kiss, Lena whispered: "You are truly full of surprises you genius..."