The long lost kitten 2

Requested by @stephaniaramrez

It's been two weeks since the big reunion of mother and daughter. These two weeks were the best for both of them, they just couldn't believe it...After all of those heart aching years, a miracle happened and aided their loss. Cat and Kara have been talking to each other non stop, literally Kara would tell Cat how she grew up with the Danvers. Oh, I almost forgot to mention! When Kara told her adopted family that she had found her biological mother, Eliza and Alex couldn't be happier. And Cat, she was happy that a wonderful family was able to take care of her daughter.

Right, sorry. Back to the story!

Kara and Cat would talk non stop, and the older blonde was happy to hear the wonderful life her daughter had with the Danvers. But she did notice that her daughter never really mentioned things about the orphanage., she did but very vague. And as always, she knew that something terrible must have happened there. She knew that she can't just blurt out the question, because she wanted Kara to feel comfortable with her and not forced. She didn't even tell anything about her daughter's alter ego. Her priority was to build trust and comfort with her daughter, and if it meant waiting, then so be it.

It's a busy day in CatCo. People running around the office, finishing their articles or whatever job they have to do. The queen of all media was in her usual desk, singing paperwork and looking over which articles should be rewritten and ones that are acceptable. She was done quite quick, but noticed that one article was missing...And it was from her favorite reporter. She sighed and stood up, despite that Kara was her daughter she still had to treat her like an employee...Because they chose not to reveal their reunion anytime soon. Plus, Cat didn't want Kara in the spotlight, because it would endanger her alter ego. And it's a fact that the whole media would blow up when they finally find out a CatCo ace reporter is the long lost daughter of the queen of all media, and the city's vigilante, Power Girl...Seriously, she didn't want to risk that.

She now stood in front of Kara's office, quickly knocking. She heard a weak 'come in' and when she entered the office, she gasped. Kara was sitting on her chair, her right arm in a cast and her lips were bruised. Her face had a few cuts and under her eyes were heavy eye bags, a sign of lack of sleep. She looked exhausted and half alive. Kara was shocked when she saw her mom on the door, and now knew she would get in trouble. "Hey mom..." Kara said and Cat couldn't suppress the smile creeping on her face, she would never get tired of being called mom. "Kara, what happened to you? You shouldn't come to work if you're like this." Cat scolded and walked towards her daughter, who was giving her puppy eyes...Scolding was much harder than she thought. The younger blonde just kept quiet, looking everywhere but her mom. "Kara what happened?" Cat asked softly, gently cupping one of Kara's cheeks, rubbing her thumb softly. It was quiet for a time, till Kara whispered in a soft, scared voice: "I'm...I'm Power Girl. And yesterday night, a whole group of thugs attacked a mother and a child. I rescued them, but I took all the beating." Kara now looked like a kicked puppy, afraid of how her mom would react. But it was quite the opposite. "Honey, I've known you were Power Girl the second you became her. Don't worry your secret is safe with me. But next time when you look like this, please stay home. I want you to heal properly." Cat said softly and kissed her daughter on the forehead. Kara gave a shocked look, but smiled softly when she heard that her mom was okay with it. "Please be careful. I have lost you once, and I don't want that to ever happen again." Her mom said with teary eyes, and Kara just gave a soft hug. "I promise." She whispered and enjoyed the warmth from the hug. "Come, I'll bring you home." Cat demanded, but gentle. Kara looked bedazzled and raised a brow. "What about CatCo?" She asked, causing the older woman to chuckle. "CatCo can survive a few days without me." Cat answered and made Kara smile, she would love to spend time with her mom.