I never got the chance

A new villain showed up a few months ago, Doomsday. Supergirl and the DEO have tried their best way to bring him down, there were many times they were close to victory, but he always found a loophole. Doomsday's goal was to destroy the Super's first and then the whole earth. When Supergirl and him would fight, both would be exhausted after all the punching.

One day when Kara flew to the fortress to find any way that could bring the beast down, there was only one way...

One week ago

Lena and Kara were discussing on how to bring Doomsday down. As usual, Kara didn't tell anyone on how to stop him. After blowing their heads on any solution and Kara eventually fell asleep, Lena found the letters from Kara...Each letter to everyone she loves. She even found Kara's notes form the fortress. Lena didn't read them, but she knew what it meant.

She was broken and started to cry. Kara always chose the world over herself and she will always do it. Lena looked at Kara and her heart started to break. Eventually she waited of Kara to wake up and when she did:

Lena: "Kara...you can't be serious?! There has to be another way!" She held the notes and threw it to Kara.

Kara: "You know I have to do this right? You know that there is no other way. If I don't do this, innocent people will die, millions of them." She looked at Lena with a brave face, even though in the inside she was breaking. It was either lives or one life.

Lena: "But if you do...You'll die!" She was crying hard and her vision became blurry. She can't let her best friend her love of her life go, she just can't. "We'll figure something out, but you can't do this! The world needs you..." Now she was sobbing, sobbing hard.

Kara: "They don't need me, they have you, Lena, and many more." She looked ate Lena sternly, like she was 100% sure of her choice, but she wasn't. She doesn't want to leave this life yet, but a hero has to be a hero.

Lena: "But I need you Kara..." She sobbed out. Because with Kara gone, she would be lost, everyone would be lost.

Kara: "You've become your own hero. You won't need me around anymore." Saying that with confidence, trying her best not to show how broken she was.

Lena: "You're my best friend. I can't lose you, just not yet!" She wasn't ready, nobody was...

Kara: "I'm sorry Lena, but this is the only way." Now a tear slipped out of her eye, she couldn't hold it any longer, but she had to stay strong, stay strong for her family, stay strong for the whole wold, stay strong till the end...

Present time

Therapist: "I heard that you recently lost your partner. How are you dealing with the grief?"

Lena: "It's hard, so hard. After all, she was so much more than just my partner...She was my best friend." Sniffed Lena, trying her best not to break down.

A month ago

Therapist: "I see fear in your eyes Kara. What are you so afraid of?"

Kara: "I don't want to lose my best friend...My whole family and friends. If I do this, I'll never see them again...I'll never see her again. I'll never know my future...My future with Lena could've been." Tears left her eyes, just by the thought of leaving her life, her family...Her Lena.

Present time

Lena: "The worst part is that, I was so afraid to lose her. I was able to see that we would have a future together, both of us did and now...Now I'll never know what could've been, because she's gone." Heavy tears left her eyes, she just wanted Kara back, to see the future they should have, but now only unanswered questions that would never be answered, are left behind.

Lena: "I always thought that with her by my side, that I would be able to get through anything. And without her...I don't know how I can get through this pain and grief...I'm lost, everyone is lost." Just by the thought on what she could do, there was nothing she could find. Nobody not even Alex found a way to get through the pain, they were all lost..."I just miss her so much..."

Therapist: "If Kara would be still here. What would you tell her?"

A month ago

Kara: "When Lena and I first met, I never thought how important she would be in my life. But I knew, we both knew...We had a special connection." It broke her heart she would've to break their connection, their special connection.

Kara: "She is the perfect partner and the greatest bets friend anyone could ever ask for. And I don't want to even think about leaving her, about being us apart..." The flod gates have opened and she couldn't imagine it, it was just too painful to think about it.

Present time

Lena: "I would tell her, how special she made everyday. Always when she was with me, it made my day special. Wether it was an exhausting mission, lunch or movie nights. How she was the greatest partner I ever had. The best friend I could ever ask for. They day we met, she brightened up my whole life." She gave a sad smile, while tears left her eyes. Kara was her everything and now, she couldn't show it to her anymore...

A month ago

Kara: "I love her so much...And I'll never get the chance to tell her that. I'll never get the chance to tell her how she's everything to me. I'll never het the chance to bring her on romantic and cheesy dates. I'll never get the chance to tell her that I want to have a future with her and only her. I love her, with all my heart..." Tears of pain left her ocean blue eyes, her heart kept on breaking each second...She wasn't ready to say goodbye, just not yet.

Present time

Lena: "Most importantly, I would tell her what I never got the chance to say...That I love her."