Approval and blessing

This was not how it was supposed to go...Absolutely not. Two women, one to be known as a Super and the other a Luthor, were sitting there in awkward silence...And no, I did not mean Lena Luthor...I meant Lillian Luthor. Yup, you heard me! Lillian Luthor!

Lena was supposed to arrive with Kara, but the CEO got stuck in traffic and was running late. Kara was not thrilled to get a text from her girlfriend running late. Kara was fine if she met parents from friends or ex's, but this one was a whole other level. In front of her was the woman that raised her girlfriend, was the leader of an 'Anti-Alien Company' and also who has captured and tortured her multiple times.

To be honest Kara was not really fond of going to dinner with her girlfriend's stepmother, but Lena was able to talk her out of it. Lena was trying to build a mother-daughter relationship with Lillian and Kara was doing this for Lena. Right now, Kara was looking though her phone and Lillian was looking at the menu. Seriously, they both didn't want to be here, but they were doing this for Lena. "I bet you'll eat everything that's on the menu." Lillian teased and Kara rolled her eyes. "Yes, but I have manners and don't eat the whole restaurant. There are also other guests here, who want to eat." Kara shot back and Lillian took her eyes off the menu. "I wouldn't really say manners. It's rude not to talk with your future mother-in-law." Lillian said and gave a smirk. Again, Kara rolled her eyes and was wondering when could she throw that woman into space. "Well, what should we talk about? How much you despise my cousin and I? Or what are your next plans are on destroying aliens? How much you hate that I'm dating your daughter?" Kara said sarcastically and Lillian scoffed. "You really think I'm only thinking about destroying you, your cousins and all aliens? Technically yes, but I do think of other stuff." The older woman said and took a sip out of her wine. "Like what? What chess strategies exist? How to ruin christmas or birthdays?" Kara shot back and Lillian gave her a dangerous glance. "No. I think about my garden, how to stabilize my relationship with Lena and the love you have for each other."

Kara's facial expressions softened as she heard the last part. "Do you even want me to date your daughter? Or is this a part of your plan to kill me and tear Lena's world apart?" Kara asked curiously. Lillian sighed and took a deep breath. "We may have not have the best history, but I do care how you feel towards each other. And even though you are a Super and Lena a Luthor...Love is love. At first I was not happy to know that you were dating my daughter, but the day I captured you...And when Lena rescued you, I saw the love you have for each other in your eyes. That's when I knew, the love you have for each other was real." Lillian said and Kara's heart pounded in her chest...Was this really Lillian? Did Lillian Luthor just approve? To be honest Kara did not know how to feel. Before Kara could even ask, she got interrupted by the older woman. "And no, I don't plan on hurting the both of you. And yes, you have my blessings to marry Lena." Lillian said in one breath and left Kara speechless. The Super's jaw dropped and stared in shock. "H-how did you know?" Kara asked, still dazed. Lillian smirked and took another sip of her wine, before answering: "Mother knows best."

Kara had so many questions in her mind. She really wanted to make this work now and the best way was to make peace with her future mother-in-law. Neither of them were ready to apologize, but Lillian thought for awhile and knew she started the war between Supergirl and CADMUS. "Kara, I'm sorry." Lillian apologized and gave her hand to shake. Kara gave the older woman a soft smile before taking her hand. "I'm sorry too." Kara said and both were now relaxed. It was now comfortable silence for a time and finally the waiter came. "Ladies, what would you like to order?" The waiter asked. Again, before Kara could even reply she got interrupted. "We'll take everything that's on the menu." Lillian answered and the waiter looked bedazzled, but he just nodded and sped walked to the kitchen. "Lillian, what are you doing?" Kara asked surprised and Lillian shrugged. "I saw the busy day you had as Supergirl and reporter. And I'm sure you must be very hungry. By the way, dinner is on me." Lillian answered and Kara chucked. "Lillian, at least let me pay a part." Kara offered and Lillian nodded a no. "Kara, the least you could do is make my daughter happy and gift me grandchildren." Lillian answered and Kara choked on her wine. "Children?" Kara squeaked out. "Yes, and I do know you can get my daughter pregnant." Lillian stated and Kara had wide eyes. "I do want kids, but Lena and me still have to think about it. But first, let me marry her." Kara joked and Lillian chuckled. "I didn't say now." Lillian said and Kara looked onto the floor.

They started to talk a little, till Kara got a text message from Lena:

Lena: "Love, I'm still stuck in traffic. Can you pick me up?"

Kara: "Okay baby. I'll be there in two minutes."

Lena: "Thanks darling. Love you."

Kara: "Love you too."

The Super looked up the phone and Lillian gave her a nod. "Got get her Supergirl." Lillian said and Kara smiled. She walked out of the restaurant, into an empty ally and flew into the night sky.  It didn't take look till she found her girlfriend and picked up Lena's car. They flew towards the restaurant and Kara landed the car softly. Wile Lena got out of the car, Kara flew into an alley and caned back to Kara Danvers. "Hey love." Lena greeted and gave Kara soft kiss, before walking into the restaurant hand-in-hand. When they got to their table, Lillian gave her daughter a hug. The couple sat down and smiled like dorks. "I hope you tow were nice to each other." Lena said and eyed her girlfriend and mother. "No need to worry." Lillian said and Kara nodded and gave Lena a soft kiss. This was going way better then expected...