𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒: 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 (𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭)

Start from the beginning

"James is the only other person who knows about it," he told her.

She threaded her hands through the water. "I guess I'm pretty special then."

He caught quite clearly onto the bitterness which lined her voice, but still, he locked eyes with her and said, "I guess."

"So, what did you want?" she asked, drying her hands on her robes.

When he looked at her with confusion, she shrugged, "I doubt you just woke up and decided to show me a place like this for no reason. You must want something. What do you want?"

"Maybe I just want to spend time with you," he told her.

She laughed and tucked her bangs behind her ears. "If you wanted to spend time with me, Sirius, you would have done it a long time ago."

She was still laughing at his comment, and since it seemed she wouldn't be stopping anytime soon, he placed his hand on her back and pushed her.

Angelica wasn't sure what happened.

All she knew was that the pressure came from him and with a splash, she found herself submerged in water. She stood up straight, pushing her soaked hair out of her waist and realising she stood in a pond with water up to her waist.

"You jerk!" she exclaimed, and that set him off because Sirius erupted into a fit of laughter.

She didn't have to think twice before reaching forward and pulling him into the water by his leg.

She turned away as the splash followed and once, he stood up straight, she was disappointed to see that it barely covered his hips but pleased that he was just as soaked as she was. With the addition of his beloved hair sticking to his face.

The amusement on her face had him stretching his hands. "Oh, it's on, Angel."

"No—"

She cried out when an avalanche of water went flying at her face.

"You're so dead for that!" she declared, shielding her face with one hand, and splashing water at him with the other.

"I can do this all night if I have to," retorted Sirius, not blocking her splashes and sending water at her with both hands.

"If you live that long. There's probably like a bajillion diseases in here, Genius!" Angelica dropped her hand from her face and instead shoved him until he fell into the water again.

His smirk was wider than ever as he watched her wipe grime out of her eyes and pull at the shirt and robes which were sticking to her body. "You're an idiot."

Sirius nodded and pushed himself up and out of the water. He turned and held his hand out to her. She was about to take it, but then she jerked it back and glanced to the side where her gloves were. "I—I don't have my gloves on."

His hand remained outstretched. "Did I ever care?"

She looked into his eyes and hated that he still had her heart skipping beats. She placed her hand in his, feeling her world slip from her control.

6-year-old Angelica peeled at the skin around her nails. "Are you sure I can practice with you?"

Sirius held his hands out to her and nodded, looking very relaxed. "I'm sure. Besides, you know everything about me, Angel. I don't care what you see."

And so, she placed her clammy hands in his and lost herself in his mind.

By the time, Angelica's consciousness had returned, she was standing out of the water and shivering from the nippiness of the wind hitting the water clinging to her. But then, something draped over her shoulders, and she caught sight of red-lined robes hanging from her shoulders. And that time, she couldn't ignore the heat spreading through her despite the cold.