CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Nandini closed her car door as she got down infront of a huge place blasting with music in her silver mid thigh dress and high heels.

The sound of the heels got people make way for her as she approached the front gate where stood a bunch of girls and boys chattering among themselves. Zeke was the first person to spot her and so he waved to guide her through the crowd.

Making her way through the loud crowd she hugged her friend Michelle. Michelle and Nandini met at business school in London when she was away with her father and also the other bunch that was here right now. Initially they had lost touch when Nandini got back here but all thanks to Zeke that she met her old friend circle again.

Michelle was here to celebrate her bachelorette with her best friend. Nandini earlier refused since she had been totally busy in her planning and mission life but some recent events had made her realise that life was too short to waste it on people who didn't even cared about her or so she thought.

"Hey babe long time no see " Michelle shouted as she hugged her best friend. They hadn't even gone in yet and this girl was already down a few shots.

"I know I know but you see life was pretty busy." Nandini replied.

"Busy enough to not even acknowledge any of us" Chloe her other friend spoke while nandini hugged the left over batch of friends that included  Chloe, Augustus, Maisha and Aman.

"Oh you guys have no idea how big of a business women she has become" Zeke teased to which Nandini punched his arm mouthing a shut up while the others giggled.

"And specially after marriage right" Maisha teased the wrong nerve.

"Oh yes you got married and didn't even invite any of us." Augustus complained.

"I did " Nandini fought back. She surely did but everyone was busy cause the wedding was planned in a hurry.

"I got the invitation so i support Nanz" Aman pulled over an arm around his friend as they all picked up sides.

"Oh common guys all that matters is that Nandini is married to a really hot guy. Isn't it?" Chloe asked.

"Physically and mentally, both ways yes" Nandini laughed. It was nice to finally get out and enjoy her life like a normal girl with friends teasing and having fun. She was glad that Zeke had asked  Michelle or conduct this event here in India where Maisha, she and Aman were or she wouldn't have been able to get out of the mess in her life.

"Okay people back to the bride." Michelle got her friend's attention, "Let's party our heart out tonight"

They all went inn and shots were called. nandini finally lost herself into the crowd as she moved down to the dance floor remincing the old her.

Zeke adorned his friends as she made her way through the sweaty and drunk people towards the centre of the crowd. Today he saw the old college London days Nandini. He was happy to see her like that after what Manik had made her. She was never the one to play with feelings, plot plans for the enemies but now she was changed and maybe this was for good but not always.

It had made her sparkle dull but right now watching her loose herself he fell contented. 

More shots were called in and the entire club was spinning for everyone. Zeke had decided not to drink since he was suppose to be driving everyone back to their desired destinations. he never trusted the drivers especially with the girls.

Nandini was loosing herself to the rhythm as her body moved in sync with every beat. It was as if her soul was leaving slowly and steadily to a place she would never wanna come back from.

(Listen to the song for feels)

Zeke turned his head to his ringing phone, picking the call up he excused himself from everyone moving out of the loud area.

"hello" he spoke high enough to hear his own voice over the loud music.

"Sorry to disturb you at such hour sir" came his assistant's reply from the other side, "but you were supposed to have a meeting today. It's already 12 p.m here and the delegates are ready."

"Holt shit i forgot over this entire time gap. Give me 15 minutes okay and set the conference up" he instructed as he made his way through the crowd to spot his friends.

Once he was around them, he explained them his situation.

"You guys have fun. I'll be out at the end of the parking lot having my conference meeting in the car but i'll still be back inside to pick you up." he instructed them like they were little kids which right now they were actually.

"Okay uncle" nandini giggled soon joined in by the others.

"Gosh you guys are drunk. How do i even leave you guys?" Zeke found it difficult to decide when his phone rang again by his assistant.

"Relax bud. I am not that drunk. You can finish the meeting and get back here. I'll look out for them." Aman spoke in a much sober voice that others. He had been drinking less trying to company Zeke in his decision and Zeke was glad that he did.

bidding everyone goodbye Zeke went out while Nandini moved back to the dance foor. Dance had always been important of her life since her mother was a great classical dancer.

Swaying away with the music she felt a body behind her. Turning around she saw those same eyes that always got her weak on her knees.

"Manik" she tilted her face trying to figure out if it was actually him or not, "Are you stalking me sir?" she spoke again.

Manik held her close looking dep into her eyes and she could sense some love and anger. Inching closer she closed her eyes as their faces moved inches away but wait Manik never smelled like that. opening her eyes she found a rather short guy infront of her boring his eyes into her. Pulling out from him she walked out to the front area near a bench in an open lawn.

She tried removing those images from her mind. This party was supposed to be stress free, Manik free but here he was again and this time as always in her imagination. She wiggled her head while the alchohol settled in more and in now time a drunk nandini was dialling the number she shouldn't have dialled.

"Hello nandini. Is everything okay? Why do i hear music? where are you?" came a reply from the other side.

"Why don't you love me Manik" asked Nandini  avoiding all his questions.