CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

Sorry for being all MIA since a really long time. My family is being through some really hard times right now and we are fighting for justice here. Hope the wait was worth it.

************************************************************************************

Nandini was frustrated with all the act that she had to put through infront of Manik in all these past three days. At times she just wanted to slap him hard and demand for answers but all in vain because until she had a solid proof and her entire plan out, she couldn't do that bit but surely one day she will. Coming back home was tiring more than staying at the hospital since everyone kept her busy with talks, filling her up with the past days doings.

 One thing that went fine in all of this was the fact that Manik had eventualy given up on the findings of Joe. According to Zeke, Joe was fine and having his normal work life back in London working immensly well for his company. But it had been days that she had a proper talk with her best friend cause everytime she tried either the doctor or Manik would end up interrupting it.

Picking up her cell phone from the table she quickly dialled his number which Zeke gladly for the first time in the history picked up over the first ring.

"What's up buddy?" he chirped to her.

"Hey i was supposed to say that!!." Nandini complained.

"I know but looks like it's a role reversal since it's the first time that i am in no hospital bed." Zeke laughed remembering back all his old doings.

"That is so true. By the way i thought you'd do that stunt again." Nandini smirked.

"What stunt?" Zeke asked being confused.

"The ward boy stunt. I must say you looked hot." Nandini teased.

"Oh shut up. I am so glad i never did theatre at college." Zeke laughed.

"Okay moving on any update on our life event maze." Nandini asked.

"Excuse me you are still under resting period so no more all this planning plotting talk." Zeke scolded.

"Aye aye captain. I was thinking what if i make a tinder account for you?" Nandini teased.

"Oh really and why was that thought wandering your mind." Zeke asked being surprised at the sudden topic.

"Because i see how lonely you are and how much of a great friend i am." Nandini laughed.

"I AM NOT LONELY." Zeke warned.

"Yes you are." Nandini argued which kept on for a few more minutes until the you-know-what-to-not-talk-about topic came in picture.

"Atleast i am not confused." Zeke spoke guilty the next moment for bringing such a rough topic in between.

"I m sorry." he said since no reply came from the other side.

"It's okay Zeke. It's the truth that i have to face someday." Nandini replied sadly.

"But atleast think about it Nandini. You love him. Are you really ready to let that go." Zeke tried making her understand.

******************************************************************************

Manik came back home after the heated argument with Alya. He immediately thrashed towards his room since the only anchor in his life anymore was Nandini. He knew as soon as he'll see her all his worries and anger would go away. Making his way towards his room his thoughts were how he would tell her everything today but soon stopped dead in hsi tracks as soon as he heard her voice. She was definiteky on call with someone.

"It's the truth that i'll have to face someday." Nandini spoke.

"I have given a thought to it. Somebody who betrays me will never have a place in my heart no matter how much i loved them. That is what my mom and my dad taught me. Zeke you know how much true love always meant to me. No matter who that person is to me, whatever the relation is, a betrayal is a betrayal." nandini spoke it out.

Manik stopped dead in his tracks comtemplating her words as the previous doing came flashing back to his mind. He could watch Nandini moving away from him as he spoke his truth, angry at his betrayal. Will he be able to let her go? what if she decides to never come back? Her words were pretty clear enough that she'll never stay with a person who betrayed her. What will happen to them now?

He stumbled back as he made his way back to the stairs not able to move to her. His feets running away from the truth.

*********************************************************************************

Nandini finally spoke her heart out to her best friend. She knew that she loved Manik but what he had done to her. A fucking forceful fake marriage was enough to break all ties and kill the whole love feel.

"I am sorry i now understand what you mean but Nandini i know something which might change your view." Zeke spoke.

"What?" Nandini asked.

"Alya is pregnant." Zeke finally let it out.

"Alya!" Nandini asked shocked.

'Nandini i know it's shocking but maybe this is the reason why Manik did what he did. I think you should talk to him." Zeke suggested.

"But this doesn't change the fact that he ruined my life Zeke. Zeke i am-. Can we talk later." Nandini asked.

"Ofcourse. Call me if you wanna talk." Zeke cancelled the call.

Nandini wiped her tears trying to re-frame it all in. She walked up to go to the bathroom when she heard a voice downstairs.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Came Manik's shout from the hall.

****************************************************************************************

Also just wanted to ask if you guys want me to start suggesting books again but this time not wattpas books but printed books?

PLAYING YOU (#2)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें