CHAPTER THREE

Thank You so much for all of you for sending such warm and lovely brithday wishes. i am so sorry i have been super busy and hence i couldn't respond to them. But big hugs to all of you.

And here goes the next part which was long overdue. 

Hope you guys get a few of your answers.

***************************************************************************************

Manik entered his office premises and was gretted by all of his employees with flowers and warm wishes for his newly wedded life. He called in for a quick meeting in the central hall to thank everyone and left them with smiles, walking to his office.

Walking inside he saw a figure sitting on his chair and he quickly recognized the intruder. 

"Why are you here now?" Manik questioned simply not interested in the person's presence.

"Rude" Alya bent of the table infront of her putting her hands on the table.

"You shouldn't be here. People might get suspicious and my family will not probably like it." Manik reasoned looking around trying to avoid her piercing gaze. Well his morning was super sweet and awesome until now and he really didn't want to spoil his mood.

"Your family won't like it or your wife." Alya snapped back.

"Alya how many times have i told you not to drag her into this. Nothing's happening between us okay. I am with her until the papers are signed and then she hands all of her property to me." Manik replied anger visible in his voice but he was powerless.

"Fine fine i am not here to spoil your mood. I was just hoping we could go out for lunch just like old times." Alya spoke in her sugar coated voice trying to calm out the tension arising between them. Letting him slip from her hand wasn't the plan.

"I can't i just joined office and i can't just walk in and out." Manik replied.

"But baby-" Alya tried speaking but was interrupted by manik " I can't Alya i have work to do and also i promised dad that i will be early for dinner today. And i am trying to mend things with him here." 

"Fine whatever you say but just so you know i won't eat anything today then." Alya warned him pointing his freshly done acrylic nail towards him.

"Alya try and understand we can't just go around pushing our work under the bus." Manik tried making her understand.

"Either you take me to lunch or i starve. You decide." Alya gave him a final choice and walked out of the room leaving a frustrated and powerless Manik.

***********************************************************************************************

The day and Nandini's office was filled with super packed up meetings and signing some previously due paperwork. Since the time Nandini had put her father back home , handling the entire company on her super solid shoulders she had started feeling like a queen rather than her dad's princess. A knock at her office door startled her from the paperwork she had drowned herself into.

"Can i come in?" cabir peeped throught the door and Nandini smiled at her best friend. This was all the reason she had been working hard. Her family. people that were important in her life.

"You don't ever have to ask me that." Nandini chuckled and cabir walked inside.

"I have to since you are the boss here." Cabir teased only to be snapped by an "Hey" from nandini.

"Okay i won't tease you but mind having lunch. It's already 3 p.m. you've been working since hours." cabir asked nandini and it made her realise about the meeting she was supposed to have with HIM in an hr.