CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

A very happy and safe New Year to all of you out there.

It had been three days since the accident and it was finally the time that Nandini would go back home. Even though Manik had taken care of her as a good husband, always by her side, a small part of her was still not ready to believe him.

Manik walked in with the discharge papers to take his wife home. These three days had been quite hectic and tiresome for him with a huge pile of lack of sleep since he always made sure that he was available for Nandini at all times of the day. On the other hand he was a little disheartened by the fact that the host of that unfortunate media event had ran away and still no sight of him.

Nandini smiled at Manik as soon as he came in sight and forwarded her hand for him to support her.

"Looks like someone's already fine" Manik laughed.

"Excuse me i am not weak, it's just that stupid driver got me on this idiotic bed or else i would have been up and about running on the treadmill." Nandini pointed her finger at him.

"Gosh calm down tigress. Look at this way atleast you got a bit rest from life." Manik raised his brows.

"Agreed" Nandini laughed.

The entire ride back home was filled with laughter and riots. Manik filled in Nandini up about all the doings at home and how much everyone was excited to have her back. Although it was no joke but genuinely the entire family was too excited since they got the best arrangement for her. After lots of fun and chats she finally retired back to her room for a nice rest while Manik left for some work.

*****************************************************************

Manik rang the bell to Alya's residence, last few days haven't given him time to talk to her properly about the happenings. Also the last time they talked Alya had fainted and the conversation was left on hold.

Alya welcomed him in happily unaware of the storms coming into her life.

"Hey welcome back. How's Nandini by the way?" Alya asked.

"She is fine and healthy now." Manik made himself comfortable on the couch.

"Oh thank goodness. I heard the accident was a little fatal but glad she had no major injuries. Is she back at your residence?" Alya got him a glass of water.

"Ofcourse. She is where she belongs. at her husband's house. " Manik gladly took the glass of water as he looked her with a straight face.

"Urgg look Manik i don't want to start this conversation again. I don't feel well. Your kid makes me feel nauseous all the time. And also i was thinking that the doctor asked me to get you along for the next appointment so if you have some time-" She started her blabbering session only to be jerked by the sound of a huge file being banged infront of her.

"What is this Manik?" she asked being a little too worried about the gaze he had,

"Nothing just your future appointments in advance and don't be stressed i have already talked to the father of your kid. He would love to attend all your appointments too." Manik gave a sarcastic smile.

"Manik" Alya asked shockingly.

"Oh please don't stress. Jackson is a very genuine guy, the only thing he was angry about was the fact that you left all your baby appointments that were pending in San Francisco. Wasn't it?" Manik walked closer to her with fury in her eyes.

"I am not able to understand anything. What are you talking about?" Alya stammered.

"What am i talking about" Manik smashed the glass on the floor with full fury.

"I am saying that it was you who implemented that it was my kid. Got me attached to it. Fucked up my life when it wasn't even mine. You thought that I'll just fall into this trap. Didn't you?" he shouted scaring the shit out of her.

"Manik listen all you-" Alya tried explaining.

"Shut up." Manik warned her.

"Don't you fucking dare say a single word. I was an idiot to have actually believed you again. Such a dumb guy. I left my love, my wife for you. I betrayed her, i betrayed my family for a girl like you. You knew my weakness all along. You knew my past and you used it against me. How could you do this Alya. How?" Manik questioned her with a broken voice.

"Manik cause i love you. What happened with Jackson was a bloody mistake and when i got back, you were ready to marry this Nandini and i panicked. I thought that i would loose you forever and i don't know what came over me that night when i came to you. I thought that you'll love me back after knowing about a kid. I am sorry." alya broke down on the couch.

"You are fucking sorry. Seriously. You ruined my life Alya. All this while i had a guilt inside of me that i bloody ruined a girl's life for god's sake. I ruined a girls life by marrying her for false reasons. I sabotaged her future. Her father's business, hard earned money just because i wanted a better life for my kid.Do you have any idea how that felt." Manik hovered above her.

"And the worst fact is that i had no idea that this girl would be the one that i want to spend my entire life with. The one that i love. I lied to her." Manik broke down.

Alya tried holding him but he thrashed her back.

"But you know what it was my mom's love. Nandini's love that made me question you. That made me get to your past. That made me suspicious because for a fact i knew that i ever cheated on Nandini after we were over. Hell even before that it was a long time ago but i was dumb enough to belive that maybe you concieved. Maybe i was ruining your life but i am glad that the truth is out. I want to kill you alya. I really do but i have seen a women that i love walk right past death and i hope to never wish that for anyone. So i am leaving you even though you tried ruining everything. I can never forgive you but i cannot even harm you." Manik splashed the papers on the ground and walked away. Finally a test of his life was over but was it too late now?

*******************************************************************************

Alya cried as she collected her broken life. A fairytale that she had been dreaming was now over and moving out from her book of this life. She tried getting herself up from the ground but in vain. She never wanted a kid but for having Manik back in her life she was eventually ready to sacrifice her career for that, sabotage a major part of her life. She had always loved him, if only he could have seen but it was Nandini who took him away from her eventually. She looked up at the mirror infront and for an instance she could see a reflection of Nandini laughing at her, mocking her that she lost. She lost to Nandini.

"Not so easily Nandini. I won't let you ruin my life so easily. It took me alot of hardwork to get all of this but you ruined it. You fucking took it all away from me but i promise i am going to snatch away from you what's mine. I am going to take away EVERYTHING from you." Alya wiped her tears as she smashed the vase onto the mirror infront of her.

Damn this was freaking long but just a small new year gift with a pinch of truth for you guys.
Any guesses for the future parts?