CHAPTER ELEVEN

"Why Manik?Why? Isn't this my life" Alya looked right through at him.

"This is just not your life Alya. It includes someone elses too since the day you walked right through my door and said that you were preganant." Manik raised his voice finally letting out the anger he had in himself since the day he heard those words from her.

*********************************

"For once i just can't understand that how are you so casual about it at times. How? You behave as if nothing happened at all. You behave as if our lives haven't turned around all upside down. You can ignore it and move ahead but i can't. " Manik finally voiced out his emotions.

Alya moved ahead but was stopped by Manik who took hold of a nearby chair to stable him. All this had been piling up inside of him since so long. He so wanted to shout it out to the world that his life wasn't normal as it looked a while back.

"You came at my door just before my sangeet(music and dance) function and dropped a bomb at me telling me that you were pregnant. You call that simple. Alya i was finally moving on after loving you. I was moving on into a beautiful life that i finally chose for myself with a girl like Nandini who is smart, understanding, at times sensitive but the purent soul out there." he looked at Alya whose eyes burned with fury on hearing Nandini's name and he knew this was not the important topic at this time . What was important was to tell her that he was trying to do the right thing even though it was burning him from the inside.

"I ripped that relationship, that chance off for you, for this kid we were going to have. I believed you because i had always wanted to spend my entire life with you until- But we moved past that. I made a choice and in return i just asked you to be sure and healthy for that life inside you and what are you doing here, risking your health. " Manik spoke out the truth piercing her soul but Alya knew she couldn't let him slip off from his hands so easily not after all she had done to get him back .

"Manik" Alya spoke in a soft voice while he looked up meeting her eyes. Those eyes used to give him a warm feeling but then they turned cold for him until he met a pair of new warm brown orbs that held so much love. He wanted to run upto Nandini and tell her everything. Tell her to leave hm and have a loving life because right now he was in capable of love or whatever he felt for her.

"i know i've hurt you. I know i turned your life upside down with this sudden news and i am sorry. you are right, you don't deserve this so i know what i have to do." Alya picked up her cell phone and bag and gave Manik a final look which he for sure understood and why wouldn't he they had been together for the past 5 years until she walked off.

Sensing her act Manik quickly got up and held her hand while Alya resisted, " No Manik i should have gone long ago and left you in your peaceful life. I could have taken care of this baby alone and shouldn't have disturbed you. I am sorry but now i am going to make it right. I am going to walk away like i should have." 

"Alya no. I chose you. I chose our kid. I want to keep you both safe that's it. Please." Manik held her face while she hugged him crying. I call it fake tears.

After a suffocating pacifying hug for Manik, they pulled apart and Alya played her final act,

"Let's get back home. I think the kid needs some rest." Manik gave a smile when he heard those words and he pulled open the vanity door when a bright flash almost got him blind.

Looking ahead they found a dozen of papparazi clicking pictures and asking various question

Mr. Malhotra what are you doing here with this lady?

Are you cheating on your wife?

Is she your lover?

Didnt you just got married?