CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Been 5 years since i officially started writing here and i am happy to say that i have come a long way in terms of my vocabulary and descriptions.
This has been by far one of the toughest parts to write for me in order to convey the emotions.
I hope i did some justice.

**********************************

Manik walked inside his study room. Nandini had already left, even though Mukti had called him for dinner, he was in no mood. Also his father was still angry and was not interested to have him infront of his eyes. So he thoughts it was better if he isolated himself from the family giving them some time. He had destroyed them and their respect because of an unsure decision he had taken a while ago.

He unlocked a secret door behind the bookcase. Walking in he saw a huge portrait of him and his mom on the front wall. To one side was a small bed and to the other side was a nice desk and chair. The little chandlier lit the entire room.

His mom was a writer and she had built this secret space to get away from his father whenever the relationship got tough or when ever she wanted to write something down. She was an amazing writer, a very imaginative story writer.

Manik walked closer to the desk and sat down on the chair, pulling out a box from below he opened it. Gazing at the pictures and accesories inside it, he let out his emotions finally after these past few days.

"I am sorry! I am so sorry mom. I just wanted to do the right thing. I just wanted to choose my kid over everyone, somthing i had always wanted dad to do. I wanted him to choose me those years back and i wanted him to keep a happy family with you and me." he held the bracelet his mom used to wear closer to him as he continued with his apology further.

" I just wanted to be the father that i always yearned for. I didn't wanted Alya to be thrown out of my life like you were when dad left you dying. Moved ahead in his life with Neyonika. I didn't wanted Nandini to be Neyonika, somebody deprived of a kid's love because no matter how much we try we yearn for our own blood." he walked up to the bed sitting down on the floor pulling up the blanket to his chest.

"Nandini always deserved better than me and so i wanted to tell her everything. Tell her to move on and settle down with a guy who would choose her but you know what happened right. We lost everything, our shares, our bonds just because dad decided to put his money in a thing that wasn't even correct. I didn't wanted my kid to go through what i went through. I wanted him to have evrything that he would want. Fullfill every wish of him." He started crying unable to speak any furthtr but enough was enough.

"I wanted to be the imagination i created when i cried myself to sleep, when i would dream about dad tucking me to bed, telling me all about you and your crazy stories but he wasn't there with me. He was with Neyonika every night building up a relationship with her. His fucking stupid assistant." his voice started to break as he remembered those old worse moments.

"But i guess i took the wrong decision again. " he laughed a painful one " Like every damn time. Stupid and dumb Manik. Like dad used to say. Manik you are a stupid spoilt brat. Manik be a man. " he smashed the glad in anger that was kept beside him on the night stand.

"Being a man today made me hurt someone who now somehow had started meaning so much to me. The way Nandini looked me in the eye and sai that she trusted me. I wanted to kill myself. I now know that i never wanted Nandini to be Neyonika but i wanted her to be you in my life, Misha, the women dad loved and had a family with. But looks like i messed up." he stood up walking infront of the huge portrait.

"Please help me make this choice mom. Please help me choose between my kid and this angel version of you infront of me. Please make me choose Nandini." he cried out getting down on hsi knees begging his mother to show him a way out of this web.

**********************************************

Nandini stepped inside her room, a room that had so many memories. walking up to the closet she pulled out her family picture caressing it. Putting it back she moved her hands over the various outfits infront of her when her phone rang.

"Hello" Nandini spoke as she pulled out one dress after another inspecting them carefully.

"And the oscar for the best actress award goes to Nandini" Zeke laughed from the other side.

"Thank you thank you and the oscar for the best director goes to Zeke." Nandini laughed along.

"So ready for tonight?" Zeke asked

" Will be there in 30 minutes." Nandini smiled as she hung up the call walking inside the washroom.

***************************************
To be honest i wasn't sure about adding this part but i just thought that both sides were supposed to be heard.