Chapter 17

Finn The Lunatic

Arabelle pov

I sat on the rocking chair on the porch, holding my cup of tea, Inadu leaning her back on the wooden railing while we are waiting for Camille and baby Mikaelson to wake up. A pigeon landed on the wooden railing near me, it keeps chirping to us. I clench my hand into a fist and blow and air to it, then i hold my hand out to the bird, opening my palm as a bunch of grains and seeds appearing making the bird come to me. 

"Oh, how you have fall to our trap, brother." 

I chuckle darkly when i sense Finn's magic from the bird, "oh, babe do us a favour and give him an A+ for the effort." Both her and i share a common smile and mischief. I stare at the bird who pecking into my palm, i got a glimpse of him sitting on Bell Tower. Resting my cheek on my other palm while we watch the bird fell dead, "just like the bird, you will die at my hand." Another glimpse of the table holding the map and materials, another table nearby, and all of the lit candles burst into flames around Finn. 

"Keep trying, Finn. Trying and failing."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Meanwhile 

Third pov

* BELL TOWER - ST. LOUIS CATHEDRAL *

"--The way you're speaking of her... You're saying that Dahlia is still alive." 

Freya sips her tea while the man across her being frustrated. "She doesn't just live... she hunts. I fled from her long ago, and I've been running ever since. To Dahlia, any act of betrayal is punishable by death." Finn sighs anxiously and pinches the bridge of his nose, but Freya leans forward to reassure him. 

"Dahlia is my cross to bear. She has no grudge against anyone but me."

"Did she ever speak to you about the curse she placed on this family? The one that says she can take the firstborn of every generation?" Freya staring at her brother, confused. "Yes. But why should that concern you? Our siblings are vampires, there are no firstborns for her to take." Finn sighs, "Niklaus. The hybrid. He had a daughter." Freya looks stunned and sits back, clutching onto the blue pendant hanging from her necklace, "where is she?"

"He trusts her daughter with our sister, Arabelle. Which is Niklaus older twin. She has her hidden, I-I... I've been trying to find her or locate her. But she kept blowing my spell," Finn said, frustrated. "Just like what you saw earlier. Our mother filled my head with the terror of what would happen to all of us if that child had lived, and I've been searching for her, but she's been impossible to find!" he said out of frustration.