Chapter 6

➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️ AN: Random question. Hayley or Josie? ⬅️⬅️⬅️⬅️⬅️

Little Love

Arabelle pov

I must say that i did more than a good job to distract the young witch, she took the bait and now i get her attention. Davina is like a young hatchling who are afraid to learn how to fly, while, on the other hand, Hayley is the mommy-bear who are ready to kill whoever dares took her cubs but very kind to those who feed her. Unfortunately, Elijah gets in the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ #Flashback

"What do you mean my life is in danger?"

Putting her brush down and turning to look at me, "hmm, how do i say this without being sound rude or scaring you? Well, little love, you were born to be an ordinary witch. Before you disagree, i knew how the harvest ritual worked. Four lambs, who walking to their death willingly with a big smile and proud beaming eyes without knowing the truth then come the elder giving their wise speech then in a second they slit your throat, the magic is being passed into the other girl until the fourth girl died then they will resurrect by the ancestors and bla, bla, bla." 

I remember hearing this from Inadu, telling me about the ancestral magic and how they seal her away.

"Short story is when the ceremony being delayed and leaving a survivor, she will receive all the magic from the previous girls before her and became a powerful witch. But, what she doesn't know is the magic need to be released and if she keeps holding this power, things happen. End of story," i added. "Wait! What kind of 'things happen' are you talking about?" she asked, a slight fear written on her face. 

"Ever watch a 2012 movie? The one with Tom Hanks and avoid an apocalypse with a private jet?" she nods, "do you mean John Cusack?" asking me back. "Yeah, whoever the actor is. That kind of thing will happen. A post-apocalypse, killing her and the rest of everyone."

"So..... What you trying to say is i will die with the rest of everyone in New Orleans? Including Marcel?" I nod, "Yes, including that Niklaus Mikaelson wannabe." She walks back and forth, "b-but, the witches hate me. They hate me because i'm the reason every witch can't practice magic and die!" she said, trembling in fear then she stops trembling for a second as she staring at me.

"You..."

Me?

I point to myself in confusion, "you are a witch. A thousand years old witch and a-and powerful. Mean you can continue the ceremony and i'll be safe without worrying anything.... So, when can we continue the Harvest?" 

Is that her way of saying that i'm an old lady?