¹⁴. ᵖᵃⁱⁿ

⋆

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・¹⁴ PAIN

"A QUIJIA BOARD?" LYDIA INQUIRED, A SKEPTICAL BROW RAISED AND HER lips pressed together at Stiles' idea of using the ridiculous board. Aurora, herself didn't believe in things like a quijia board, but the many weird stuff that she had seen in this last month probably were more unbelievable and absurd then this one.

"It's also called a spirit board. And, it's worth a shot..." Stiles trailed off as he set the board on the table in the empty chemistry classroom.

"A shot in the dark."

"Could you just try it, please?" Stiles rushed impatiently, "Okay, let's not forget who this is for— Scott's boss, the guy who has saved our collective asses on more than one occasion." Stiles put the planchette, a small heart-shaped piece of plastic on the board, that is used as a movable indicator to spell out messages during a séance. It seemed that Stiles, himself wasn't sure about how a quijia board works because he placed the planchette wrong on the board but Lydia quickly turned it around, so it was correct.

"Oh, so do we all do this?" Cora piped up from beside Lydia, an unimpressed look on her face, that told everyone she would definitely be somewhere else if she had the choice.

"Yeah. Yeah. You guys ready?"

"Yeah."

"Yes."

"Sure."

The three girls agreed as they placed their fingers on the planchette, Stiles shortly following after them as they waited for something to happen. Rory hoped that it would work, she still felt guilty that she couldn't do much about finding Deaton with her powers. Why would you have the power to tell the future if you can't control it?, she asked herself, It's just plain useless, isn't it? But in some kind of strange way, Rory was relieved that Stiles wasn't stressing her about the whole thing, she thought he would. Rory thought that he would dislike her even more than he does, but he accepted it and just told her that she would get it one day, maybe not today, but in the future, her powers would be a great help.

"Where's Dr. Deaton?"

Nothing happened for seconds after Stiles asked the question out loud. Rory held her breath for something to happen, but it didn't. Three pair of eyes flickered up to the strawberry blond, who just zoned out.

"What?" Lydia asked.

"Aren't you gonna answer it?" Stiles motioned with his head towards the board.

"Oh, I don't know the answer. " Lydia's gaze darted between the three of them, "I thought we were asking some sort of spirit."

"Well, do you know any spirits?" Cora asked her, like it would be the most serious question.

"Yes, cousin. Do your crazy friends on the other side know the answer?" Rory played along with Cora, her lips pressed firmly together to prevent herself from laughing out at the look Lydia was giving her.