¹³. ᵘˢᵉˡᵉˢˢ ᵖᵒʷᵉʳˢ

⋆

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・¹³ USELESS POWERS

RORY WAS ON A MISSION. IN HER OPINION, ON A very serious one, but actually it wasn't that much of a task if she can say so. She had a strange dream last night, which usually didn't interest her that much as she always seemed to forget what her dreams were about but this time she remembered it exactly.

It was about an old book that her grandmother, Emilia and her twin, Lorraine always showed her and Lydia when they were younger. The book contained their family tree. She remembers how her grandma told them that it was written down for generations and Rory wanted to find it at all costs. By little chance, there could be something in it that explains if she were the only supernatural being in the family.

But Aurora somehow expects for someone to be different in the family as a few weeks ago in the animal clinic Derek mentioned that she was no Emilia Mars. So then it must mean that her grandmother was supernatural too, right?

Right, she was sure.

Looking around in the dusty and old attic of the Martin House, Rory was not really so sure anymore if it was here at all. Pulling out her phone, she dialled her cousin's number, at the second ring, Rory heard Lyds' voice, "Yes, cousin?"

"You know where that old book is?" Aurora started, "The one that grandma and Greataunt Lo always showed us when we were little?"

"The family tree book?"

"Yes, that one!"

"It's in the attic somewhere." Lydia answered in a matter of fact tone.

"Yes, I'm aware of that." Rory rolled her eyes, "But where in the attic?"

"How would I suppose to know that?"

"Well, you live here Lydia." Aurora reasoned while opening a former cabinet that was used as furniture in the living room of the Martin House ages ago.

"Am I living in the attic? No." Lydia declared, "And where are you, because not in school."

"I just said I'm in the attic." Rory answered while looking around, in hope to find the book, "And I'm ditching school today."

The Mars girl came to the end of the attic, letting out an annoyed sigh. Maybe it wasn't in the attic or maybe she wasn't looking very closely to find it. But she had to, the book could be her only chance to find out if any people in her family expect her had any powers. And secretly Rory hoped that her cousin was something too. I mean, Lydia found the dead body, sure could be a coincidence. But the strawberry blond was hearing voices too, and after what happened in the motel, Rory was sure that Lydia has to be something.

She slowly turned her whole body to her right and in the corner of the room laid an old, big box, it reminded her of the treasure boxes that are often used in pirate movies, where they find the treasure they had been looking for years. It was a strange chest but it felt oddly familiar to her.