Damn commies

America was sitting on the couch looking at a mirror, occasionally laughing and talking. Mexico, Canada and Greenland were worrying for his sanity, although he lost it long ago.

"Uh... Ame, why have you been talking to a mirror for the past hour?" Canada asked eventually. America smiled.

"Just sayin hi to my favorite commie," America said, turning showing Canada the mirror revealing Soviet chilling on the other side.

"What? How? Why?" Canada asked. America shrugged.

"I decided to stop questioning reality. It's not like I'm gonna get any answers," America said.

"Wait, how did you know you can talk to ghosts while looking through a mirror?" Canada asked.

"He was narcissistically staring at his reflection so I decided to scare him. Now he's catching me up on what I missed. So you guys seriously had to break him out of a mental hospital?" Soviet asked from within the mirror.

"Ha Yep, now if you don't mind me, I'm going to go try to forget that there are ghosts watching me through my mirrors," Canada exclaimed, walking away.

"I think we are slowly breaking him," America commented.

"Yeah... by the way, im your 'favorite commie?'," Soviet asked. America shrugged.

"Yeah, because you are dead," America said.

"Wow," Soviet said.

Meanwhile, Mexico and Greenland were hanging out at the mall buying stuff and having a great time. Out of the corner of his eye, Mexico spotted Antarctica hanging out with Arctic.

"Look Greenland, it's your boyfriend!" Mexico exclaimed. Greenland shushed him.

"Cut it out! Someone will hear you!" Greenland whisper yelled. Mexico smiled accusingly

"What's wrong? Everyone already ships you two," Mexico said.

"I know... it's just... I don't want people to make a big deal out of our relationship," Greenland said. Mexico nodded understandingly.

"I get it, let's at least say hi though," Mexico said. They walked over and greeted Antarctica and his sister. They continued to walk around the mall together. Mexico was walking with Arctic to give Greenland and Antarctica some time to talk. Mexico and Arctic began talking about her service dog, which was guiding her along with Mexico.

"She's so well trained... what's her name?" Mexico asked.

"Her name is Paula. She is the best dog I could've ever asked for," Arctic said, smiling. Mexico smiled back.

"Oh! By the way, Anta told us that you we're running an adoption center. How's it going so far?" Mexico asked.

"Pretty well so far! Antarctica even helped me out by making the first three adoptions," Arctic said, giving Mexico a knowing grin. Mexico laughed.

"Yeah... Anta sure is the best," Mexico exclaimed.

After a bit of walking, Arctic sat down on a bench to rest. Mexico decided to go get her a water from a vending machine. When he came back, he saw Arctic looking a bit lost while a couple of cities were playing around with her service dog, who was slightly growling at them trying to make them go away. Mexico rushed up to them and slightly nudged the cities away, and holding Arctic's hand to show that he was there.

"Sorry, but please try not to distract Paula. She's working right now and needs to focus," Mexico said. The two cities looked down in embarrassment.

"Sorry... I saw a dog and my first instinct was play," Said one city. The cities apologized and went on their way. Mexico handed Arctic the water and they walked to meet up with Greenland and Antarctica.

"I've been seeing a lot more cities and states around here recently... I wonder why?" Mexico said.

"Oh, I used to live by the airport. It got shut down because of some inexplicable engine explosions. It just recently reopened, so people from the other town are now in a rush to come and visit their friends," Arctic said. Mexico nodded, wondering if anyone he knew were rushing to visit him.

Soon, they met up with Greenland and Antarctica at the front of the mall. Once they said their goodbyes, Greenland and Mexico headed home.

"I hope Ame and Nada are doing ok," Mexico said.

"You just jinxed it," Greenland groaned.

When they got home, they found America holding a gun to Canada's head with one hand, and holding Canada's wallet with the other.

"Uhhh.... I can explain," America said.

"Put down the gun first," Greenland said. America did what he was told.

"It's only an airsoft gun anyway.... I just was collecting an overdue payment," America said.

"Well damn. Payment For what exactly?" Greenland asked.

"The guitar I got for Mex. That was all the way back in September," America said. Canada groaned.

"You could have just asked politely. I was just reading in my room and suddenly there's a gun pointed at my head," Canada said.

"What? It's an airsoft gun! Those aren't lethal!" America exclaimed. Canada lightly punched his brother in the stomach.

"Give me back my wallet," Canada said, snatching his wallet back from America. Once everyone was settled down, the trio chilled out on the couch.

"Man... this weeks been boring," Mexico said.

"Me and Nada both got kidnapped. By ghosts and Pepsi deprived Russians. How is that uneventful?" America asked. Mexico sighed.

"I don't know... danger really doesn't have that same kick that it used to have... remember when Confederate used to try to kill me every couple of weeks?" Mexico asked.

"You don't... miss him do you?" America asked.

"Oh f*ck no, I'm glad he is gone. I just... I miss when action was exciting... now it's just... meh," Mexico said. Canada sighed.

"Yeah... I guess tensions can't get that high if there are no murderers around...," Canada said. America groaned.

"And all the local murderers are either dead or out of commission! Why must life be so cruel?" America exclaimed. Greenland watched the trio from the stairway.

"You guys are seriously now looking for trouble? I thought a lack of chaos was supposed to be a good thing?" Greenland said.

"Chaos is what we live for Greenland!" America exclaimed. Greenland shrugged.

"Alright, if I run into any murderers I'll let them know about you three," Greenland said dismissively, going to his room. America picked up his mirror.

"Sov, you're dead and therefore all knowing, why is life so boring right now?" America asked.

"Well, this probably won't make sense to you, but someone out there might understand. It's two words; filler chapters," Soviet said.

"Sov, could you do us a solid and not speak in metaphors for a goddamn second, we're trying to find out why we feel empty!" America exclaimed.

"Just hope that things will get exciting again eventually, lest you keep up this downward spiral into mediocrity," Soviet said. America groaned and set the mirror back down on the table.

"Damn commies," America muttered, slumping into the couch.

"Well, you know what that means...," Mexico said.

"Sit here and eat tacos until something interesting happens?" Canada asked.

"Heck yeah,"