Long and boring chapter before drama ensues

Mexico sat down in the living room. He had everything set up to begin painting. He had been very busy these past few months (or lazy), so he didn't get much time to get back to his hobbies.

Meanwhile, Canada was out shopping with France. Canada decided to become a fashionable well adjusted adult looking person, and he decided his biological mom would be the best person to help him out.

America was hanging out with Germany and the Netherlands to go car shopping. America lost his car weeks ago, and he decided it would be better to be able to drive himself to work rather than taking the bus.

"So, how did you break your car this time?" Germany asked. America sighed.

"I took my brothers for a heist-," America started.

"You what?!" Germany exclaimed.

"Let me finish! I took my brothers for a heist, but they wouldn't stop arguing so I took away their heist privileges. On the way back home they kept arguing, and I got distracted, and we made an unexpected stop at the edge of a cliff," America said.

"Jesus f*cking Christ Ame...," Germany groaned. America and Neth laughed.

"All I'm hearing is that I need to hang out with you more," Netherlands said.

"You'll probably regret it," Germany said. The three pulled up to the car dealership.

"Ok, what kind of car are you looking for?" Germany asked.

"I don't know... what screams 'I get a lot of a**?'," America asked.

"A donkey stable?" Germany said. The other two laughed.

"Hey Ame, don't you have a motorcycle permit?" Netherlands asked. America thought for a bit.

"Oh yeah... I got it back in the eighties... would it even still be valid?" America asked. Netherlands shrugged.

"I don't know, but think about all the hot dudes you can attract riding around on a motorcycle," Netherlands said. America nodded in thought.

"Yeah.... I think I might just get that license renewed," America said.

"What?! Motorcycles are so much more dangerous than cars! You already crashed three cars! Don't you think you'll die if you get a motorcycle?!" Germany exclaimed. America shrugged.

"At least I'll look cool," America said

Meanwhile, Canada was trying on clothes with his mother, who was dictating whether or not they suited him.

"Canada, you look like a slut! Come with me!" France exclaimed, dragging Canada away from his favorite clothing store and to her favorite clothing store.

"Mom, I think the word you were looking for was 'slob'," Canada said. France waved her hand dismissively.

"You get my point! You need more variety in your outfits. You always wear the same things over and over again!" France exclaimed. Canada sighed.

"But... who am I dressing up for?" Canada asked.

"Yourself! Now go try this on!" France exclaimed, shoving an outfit she had picked out into Canada's arms.

"Ok, ok," Canada said, slightly laughing. Canada went into the changing room and emerged a few minutes later in the outfit she had picked.

"Ah! This outfit really brings out your eyes! You look beautiful!" France exclaimed. Canada tilted his head uncertainly at his reflection in the changing room mirror.

"I don't know...," Canada said.

"You don't know?! You look amazing!" France exclaimed. Canada sighed. He didn't think he looked bad... just not perfect. He wanted to look in the mirror and immediately feel confident, but the longer he looked the less he liked what he saw.