This Got Weird

Greenland felt bad for Canada, so he decided to get the trio ice cream to lighten the mood. They were sitting in an ice cream parlor happily talking, when suddenly a flyer on the window caught Greenland's eye.

"Missing: Italy... last seen September 25... god, I can't believe he is actually just... gone," Greenland said.

"We should look for him....," Mexico said, glancing at America. America sighed.

"Look, I wanna help... but... what if you guys get hurt again? Maybe if we stay out of it... you'll be ok...," America said. Mexico crossed his arms.

"Well, you aren't my mom. Greenland is... so, what do you think?" Mexico asked. Greenland sighed.

"Well... Ame has a point... but I think I'd rather do something than nothing," Greenland said. America sighed.

"Ok... let's try to find him then," America exclaimed. The trio exited the parlor and started asking around for clues. While they were walking through the streets, they ran into one of Italy's neighbors, Slovenia.

"Slovenia, may we ask you a few questions about Italy?" Greenland asked. Slovenia crossed her arms.

"Go ahead... I knew people were gonna have quite a few questions for me," Slovenia said.

"When was the last time you saw Italy?" Greenland asked.

"It was the 25th of September when he was going out for a walk to clear his mind. He was saying something about feeling like he was being followed," Slovenia said, not breaking eye contact.

"Do you happen to know where he was headed?" America asked.

"Well, I don't know for sure, but he seemed to be going in the direction of his favorite bar. He'd go there with his friends all the time," Slovenia replied.

"And, the name of this bar?" Mexico asked.

"I don't remember the name, but I do know it was nearby Italy's old restaurant... y'know, from before they moved it closer to the center of town. It's the only bar on the block, so you can't miss it," Slovenia said. Canada nodded.

"Thank you for your time, miss," Canada said. With that, they made their way to the street where Italy's old restaurant was. Sure enough, there was a bar.

They sat down at the bar to order a few drinks, glancing around for suspicious behavior. The bartender, Ireland, walked up to them.

"Well hello there, Meri, Nada. How's the old man? Close to fossilizin' I presume?" Ireland said. America chuckled.

"Yes... but that's not what we are here to discuss." America took out a picture of Italy. "I'm sure you recognize Italy, he's a patron here, correct?". Ireland gazed at the photo.

"Ah yeah, people confuse us for each other all the time. He was just here the other day. He seemed to be stressin' about somethin'," Ireland said.

"Really? Do you know what?" Canada asked. Ireland shrugged.

"I was busy talking to Scotland, but from what I could tell it seemed like someone was followin' him," Ireland said.

"What made you think that?" Greenland asked.

"He was glancing around all over the place, and he kept staring at the entrance... almost jumping every time someone opened the door," Ireland said.

"That's strange... when did he leave?" Mexico asked.

"He left around four o'clock... he had this strange look on his face like he had just seen a ghost," Ireland said.

"Four o'clock... that was around the time we were gonna order our pizza! He must have gone missing sometime after that!" America exclaimed.