Ok then....

(Fan art from Supercat1237. They have a few stories, so go check them out!)

 They have a few stories, so go check them out!)

------------------

(You still have to read this in a condescending detective voice by the way. If you don't I'll find you and put a Vaseline covered watermelon in your bathtub)

It was a Gloomy afternoon when Nekomi approached Mexico in his office.

When I said gloomy, I meant it physically, figuratively, and euphemistically. Gray clouds spread in thin layers over the sky, shading the town in dramatic shadows.

figuratively, Mexico was having a gloomy afternoon. As he had been this morning, last night and last evening. It's admittedly hard to crack a smile when your good friend is missing or dead. Or both missing and dead. Either way, the thought invoked a gloomy mindset. And it also happened to be the afternoon.

Euphemistically, because Mexico was more than gloomy. He was all kinds of emotions. Sad, terrified, angry, hungry, tired; a deadly combination. Almost as deadly as mixing alcohol and drugs. Beavers and an unsuspecting person. North America and explosives.

So now that you get my point, let's focus on what the cat dragged in.

Nekomi was a dame unlike any other dame; she had a tail and cat ears. She had with her a brown leather briefcase. Mexico wasn't sure what she was planning; admittedly, she was never the kind of girl you can take seriously. However, he decided to let her help him. After all, she does seem to know a lot more than people give her credit for.

"So, you said you can help me?" Mexico asked.

"Yes... I heard about Ame. I'm so sorry," Nekomi said. Mexico waved his hand dismissively.

"Apologize to his mother," Mexico said, but Nekomi could see right through him.

"I think we should ask around town... maybe start with his coworkers. Try to see if anyone knows who might've wanted to kidnap him," Nekomi said. Mexico shifted his gaze to the photo on his desk.

"And... my ex boyfriend?" México asked.

"One thing at a time," Nekomi said. Mexico nodded.

The pair went to the restaurant America worked at. They sat down for an early dinner and waited for somebody to take their order. Soon enough, Russia walked up to them.

"Mex! Nekomi! Good to see you guys, can I take your order?" Russia asked.

"Why yes... but first, do you mind if we ask you a few questions?" Mexico asked.