An old friend

"Ok! I'm back!" Canada exclaimed. America turned to him and smiled.

"Great timing! We were just about to eat!" America said, setting a plate of burgers on the picnic table.

"Oh no, ants exist," Mexico exclaimed, staring at the ants that appeared out of nowhere.

"Ants? Do you mean 'extra protein'?" America questioned jokingly.

"No. Just, no," Mexico said, with a disappointed face. The three sat down to eat.

"So, you said you saw a bear?" America asked Canada, before taking a big bite of his burger.

"Yeah...," Canada said, embarrassed.

"And you mistook it for a dog?" America asked with his mouth full.

"It's not my fault! From the angle I was looking it looked like a dog!" Canada exclaimed.

"Canada, do we need to take you to the optometrist?" Mexico asked.

"No! I can see fine! I think America's idiocy is just rubbing off on me," Canada said. America scoffed dramatically.

"Hey! Only I can call myself an idiot!" America exclaimed. "Besides, you two are the ones who decided to live with me!".

"Yeah, I guess that's true," Mexico said.

"And besides, there's bound to be at least one thing I know that you guys don't," America said. Canada looked up in thought.

"Huh, I guess when you put it that way, absolutely everyone is smarter than you in one way or another," Canada said. They all sat in silence for a few seconds.

"Wait, so there's bears in this forest?" Mexico exclaimed.

"Oh crap yeah. I guess that's important," America said. Canada shrugged.

"I mean, we are in its natural habitat. I guess as long as we keep all the food stuff inside the car we should be ok," Canada said.

"Y'know, maybe it wasn't so smart of us to only send one person out to get firewood. Maybe we should do a buddy system?" America suggested.

"You're right." Mexico turned to Canada, "I'll be your buddy,".

"Ok, wow. Who will my buddy be?" America said.

"We're all buddies," Canada said, smiling. America and Mexico jokingly aww'd

Once the three finished eating, they decided to go explore the creek.

"Ok, I'll lead the way and you guys follow my steps. Unless of course you figure out an easier way," America said. Canada and Mexico nodded and followed him through the creek, being careful not to accidentally step in the stream.

"Wow, it's unbelievable how beautiful nature can be," Canada remarked. Looking around at the scenery. America's sighed while picking up a discarded beer can.

"It's also unbelievable how unappreciative some people are of it," America said, putting the can in his backpack. The trio continued on, taking in the natural beauty. Suddenly, Canada let out a dramatic gasp.

"Everyone STOP!" Canada exclaimed. America and Mexico turned around sharply, almost losing their balance, expecting to see something horrific. Instead, they see Canada holding a tiny frog. "Can I keep him?" Canada said happily.

"By god dude! I thought you got hurt or some sh*t! Don't scare us like that!" America exclaimed.

"But... frog," Canada said innocently with a pouty face. America sighed.

"I can't argue with that face. Alright your little froggy friend can join us," America said, turning back towards the way they were headed.

"Yay! Mexico, help me name him!" Canada exclaimed. Mexico laughed.

"It's funny to think that just a few hours ago you were threatening a murder-suicide on us. Now you're obsessing over a frog," Mexico said.

"But it's so small! You and America can be annoying together! But this frog never did anything to annoy me!" Canada justified.

"Alright, let's name him Pablo," Mexico said. Canada smiled and nodded.

"Hey, you guys keeping up?" America called out to them.

"We're coming!" Canada exclaimed. The two hurried to catch up to America, who was sitting on a large rock and waiting for them.

"Did'ya name 'em yet?" America asked.

"Yep! We called him Pablo. It means 'small' and 'humble'," Mexico said.

"Alright Pablo, welcome to the squad," America exclaimed, getting off of the rock. "Now, onward!"