Chapter 97:Recovering

Start from the beginning

"No, they're enemies."

"Luffy," Zoro stated, "I'm taking Chopper and Katsu back to the ship now."

The Captain turned towards Zoro, glancing down at the artist then gave a firm nod in agreement. "Yeah."

Not wanting to waste anymore time, Zoro simply lifted Chopper up and began running towards the ship. Though he felt that likely wasn't completely necessary given that both Usopp and Nami began to take care of the two enemies in the sky. Either way, he was going to ensure no more harm came to the artist.

.....................................................

Waking up physically numb was never a great feeling for Katsu. Waking up physically and mentally numb was worse. She felt like she just couldn't process anymore, nor did she want to. Having finally regained all her memories, she wishes she hadn't. Having gone through what she just did, she wishes she had never stepped foot on Punk Hazard.

A soft beep drew her attention to the side, where she saw some machine with a line that went up and down and wires sticking out of it. Upon seeing some of the wires travel to her she immediately began ripping the wires out of her arm. Her eyes widened as blood began squirting from one of spots that a needle had been stuck in. To make it worse the machine that was making a soft beep noise began to let out loud alarms which made her heart pound and heat wash over her.

The door to the room busted open with multiple figures rushing in. Reacting out of instinct, Katsu rushed forward and used the wind to push them back. While two out of the three went back, the third sent their arm out and caught Katsu as she tried to rush forward. She grunted as the arm wrapped around her and held her securely as she tried to squirm out while a panic began to set in.

"Katsu!"

She froze, the voice finally meeting her ears. Looking up her eyes met Zoro's one open eye. He looked down at her with a calm face, his arms still wrapped around her securely her feet dangled just an inch above the floor as he held her up. Tight enough to keep her still, but not enough to hurt. Though she appeared to have calmed down, he had yet to set her back on her feet.

"Zoro." Katsu mumbled, blinking as she looked around her. Her eyes looked to the floor to see both Chopper and Law had been the two that were sent to the floor as she tried to rush out. Then she looked around and realized she wasn't in the suffocating lab. "We're on the Sunny."

Zoro nodded, "Yeah. You're safe."

Chopper's stern words echoed in Zoro's head. They needed to make sure Katsu was aware of where she was, and that she was safe after waking up. Given the likelihood of her remembering negative things being high, he said it was best to be extra nice to her as she recovered.

"Well, I'm going to take that as you're feeling better." Zoro smirked down at Law as the doctor began to stand up.

Law gave Zoro a dry look, which only made the swordsman smirk widen. "No, if anything it proves she in need of some more mental help."

Chopped hopped up and immediately applies pressure to Katsu's arm, which was still bleeding. "Katsu! You can't be ripping out I.V's!" He claimed, pulling out some gauze and bandage to wrap up her arm. "You're already hurt enough as is, and even if you do heal faster, your still healing from earlier."

"Sorry." Katsu whispered, looking down at Chopper as he wrapped her arm. "Ah, Chopper..You're a good doctor."

Chopper's reaction was quick, a blush covered his face and a grin formed on his mouth. "Shut up you bastard! As if that'll make me feel good!"

Hearing his reaction, Katsu felt herself relax a little and look around again. It didn't appear to be snowing anymore, and they were surrounded by the ocean once more. Which meant they had managed to get away from Punk Hazard. She took notice of the two additions which she had yet to meet, one being an adult with a strange hair style and the other being a small child. However, before she could ask who they were, her eyes met another pair of smug eyes that were staring her down.

Any bit of her that had relaxed instantly tensed up as she looked at the former marine who had experimented on her.

"Waking up in a day's time after I cut you all up," He began, "That's quite the impressive healing system I've installed in you,-"

"Shut it." A swift kick was sent to the man's face as Sanji walked down the stairs with a drink in hand. "You don't get to talk to Katsu, bastard."

"We should cut out his eyes." Zoro added, his arms once more tightening around Katsu as he noticed the slight tremble in her body. "He shouldn't even be allowed to look in her direction. Maybe cut out his tongue too."

"If you do that," Omasu began again, a smirk forming on his face as he looked back towards Katsu. "How would you expect me to tell you everything advancement I made on you? Surely you'd want to know. Or maybe you'd like to know more about your blood. There was something interesting-"

This time it wasn't Sanji that silenced Omasu, it was Luffy. The rubber arm snapped back to the frowning Captain as the doctor had been knocked unconscious from the hit. His eyes hardened into a glare at the doctor before he looked at Katsu and grinned.

"You're up, Katsu!" Luffy cheered, rushing towards the artist.

Katsu let out a sigh, a small smile forming on her face as her Captain nearly tackled her down to the ground in a hug. The only reason they didn't was simply because Zoro kept them up, the swordsman letting out a gruff complaint as Luffy latched on.

For the moment, she felt as if everything was okay. Even if the cause of her problems was sitting on the floor in front of her.

......................................................................................

End of Chapter 97!

Super short Chapter, sorry guys! But I'm back!I've been quite busy, but I'll be making some more time to make sure I can do weekly updates again. I'll be getting started on a Christmas special, and then there will be some fillers to help lighten the mood. What do you guys want most, Days with the straw hats? Days with Mamoru? Letters to Mamoru? Or perhaps a new filler series?

This is not edited.