Ruben, but he said he's not Cuban

Ruben had gotten a call from his uncle from Stark's headquarters. That's in and of itself wasn't unusual, Ruben's uncle after all was a clear sight and liked to keep his nephew updated on the strange monsters he'd seen since Ruben rarely saw them. Ruben was a legacy of Apollo and he lived in Alaska. There was nothing all too special about him except he was really good at guessing if a coin would lands heads or tails. He had few monster attacks during his life and he's only been to camp for maybe half a summer before deciding to accept a SHIELD position. He'd moved up in the ranks as a quiet, well mannered and smart kid who was really focused on his job Andy focused he was! 

He'd taken time out to help with the various battles, but he was content never to see another demigod again and just hear stories from his uncle. Except his uncle had just called and said the mist was broken. And Ruben had also just found out that Percy Jackson himself was here in the compound and somehow Ruben guessed the two had something in common or Percy was the solution. He usually was, Ruben had heard the stories. 

"This way," he led the trio (one of whom he thought was dead) into a quad vehicle. (One that could travel on land, snow, water, and sand and probably more if he was totally honest.) 

"Your Ruben right?" Travis asked, good, Ruben wasn't totally forgotten. "The Cuban kid!" 

"I'm not Cuban." Ruben said in the most monotone voice he could muster. "Apollo told my grandma he was Cuban." 

"Yeah! So you're-" Travis continued but Fury cut him off. 

"Excuse me, Agent Colvin, where are you taking us?" 

"That is a good question," Ruben glanced at the backseat where Percy and Travis where. Percy still looked pretty out of it, and was muttering stuff. Stuff about ice. "We could just dump him in the water once we get past the Alaskan border." 

"Dump him in the- Agent Colvin, take us to the sector 7 base. There's no need to leave Alaska regardless of Stark's mental... and if it is Stark." Fury ordered and Ruben shook his head. 

"Sorry Sir, No can do we have bigger problems. Hey Travis, can you contact camp? Hack through the system, get Annabeth or Chiron on the line. The mist is down." 

Fury quieted, and Ruben knew he'd decided to observe for now. This was going to be interesting to chat about later, hopefully the gods would just fix things so he wouldn't have to deal with that because he didn't LIKE talking. Or dealing with monsters. Would the monsters go into hiding or start killing people? 

"Ice. Ice." Percy muttered again. 

"Connor says they're on the Argo 3 almost here, but they have Loki." Travis reported without moving an inch. 

"They have Loki?" Fury's eye didn't twitch, but Ruben wondered how startled he actually was. 

"So yes or no to bringing Percy to them-"

And then, as it usually happens with Demigods (but not to Ruben, he was a legacy and everything was going super fine without them!) everything went nuts.

———————————

Percy could not grab it. There was a memory that simply wasn't there and it was straining his mind to try to think about the ice. And the man, the man, the man that had smiled at him from the corner. He knew him, he was sure of it but it kept slipping out of his fingers because it wasn't there. He felt nauseous, he was tired and there was a tingle from Grover and he was too tired to listen while he was awake. He'd have to go to sleep.

There was murdering, the others were talking but Percy stared out the window at the Alaskan landscape. He'd had similar memory problems on his last quest that led him to Alaska. But-he blinked as adrenaline coursed through his body as a pack of hellhounds formed off to their right. 

"HELLHOUNDS" Percy yelled and got out his sword and he should have considered the fact he was inside but soon that wasn't true because the hellhounds teleported in front of the... What were they in?-and they were flying and rolling and then the doors busted open and they all slid away from the wreckage that then exploded. Killing one of the hellhounds but then other 4? 6? They charged and Percy's stood ready to fight but almost as soon as he did he felt... 

He fell. 

And it was cold, and again his mind tried to grasp for a memory that wasn't there. 

Yelling? Or was it screaming?

Maybe the wind.

He couldn't feel the cold anymore. 

But that was bad.

"When you get too cold, humans that is, you won't feel it anymore. That's when it's bad," a voice explained from a lost memory. "Because your body is overwhelmed by the cold and then it seems going to start to die." 

"So you just feel numb?" Percy tried to move his lips to ask the question outloud, but he heard it anyway from his head.

"Well, I've never put myself in that situation." The voice scoffed "but I heard you start to feel warm and sleepy, as if the ice herself is welcoming you as a sacrifice to the cold. A freezing cold, but somehow merciful warmth." 

Percy felt the warmth. But then he remembered who the ice was. And that he really didn't want to become an ice statue.