Prologue

Percy never wanted to go on tons of quests and save the world. But looking back on it, he wouldn't have changed one second. And looking down at Annabeth, asleep against his shoulder, he knew he wouldn't change it for the world. It was a semi-peaceful day, with only one monster attack when they went for Coffee. The rest of the day had been at their various jobs, Percy was working part time as a swim instructor at Goodle High and Annabeth worked at Olympus after school. But by five they were both done and usually went to the beach to watch the sunset.

Tonight, the ocean was perfect. The sunset reflected on the water casting an almost fiery glow over Annabeth's hair. It wasn't too hot or too cold, just right, he figured Zeus felt bad about closing Olympus as a gentle breeze ruffled her hair. As the sun dipped past the horizon I saw a flash of green and smiled. Mom had always told me about how if you caught it just right there would be a flash of green just as the sun dropped away. Bending down to pick Annabeth up, Percy couldn't wait to tell her in the morning.

She was still light, even after three months she still hadn't gained back any weight. He had to cox her to eat sometimes when she got to Athenay and forgot to eat. Everyone quieted as Percy brought Annabeth in. They knew better then to talk when she was asleep. The nightmares were lessening, but not fully gone. Annabeth was taking it harder, and Malcolm had taken to lighting a small night light so if Annabeth woke up, she would know she wasn't blind.

(Switching to first person Percy. I'm experimenting with third person.) 

"Thanks, she really needs her sleep" he said as I placed her down and she snuggled up in the covers.

"Annabeth asleep?" Piper asked. A nod. "Guess who's coming a week early?"

Oh shoot, who was coming in a week? Was it Clarisse? Nah that was two weeks. Chris? Nah he was coming with Clarisse. Piper gave me the look and I grinned sheepishly. "Hazel and Frank ring a bell?"

"THERE COMING THIS WEEK?!" I needed to plan! I was going to have a surprise welcoming party!

"Well in two days, but yes. The horn should blow any minute lets" Piper started but was cut off by the horn being blown. "More like right now," Jason snickered and I grinned. They headed down and I hopped that this summer, even though it wasn't starting for two weeks, would be uneventful. Of course, when was a demigod's summer ever un-eventful?