♡︎"Is it good?"♡︎

Age: 5꧁Ariana꧂

Age: 5
Ariana

"Aaliyah can you come downstairs please?" I called from the kitchen while still being on a call with Courtney.

"Yeah Court and-"

"BUT MOM I'M STILL PLAYING!"

"Hold on-" I sat the phone down.

"GIRL IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR LIL BEHIND DOWN HERE!"

I moved the phone back to my ear. "Sorry Court you know she doesn't listen. Girl is 5 going on 25."

"What do you want?" Aaliyah huffed coming into the kitchen.

"Courtney I'll call you back." I hung up,

"Excuse you?"

Aaliyah left and came back in. "Yes ma'm."

I nodded. "Mhm that's better. What do you want for dinner bubs?" I asked opening the fridge trying to think of something to make. She shrugged.

"I don't know can we just order pizza."

I shook my head. "You constantly ask when you know I'm going to say no. I'm allergic to tomatoes are you trying to kill your mother?"

Aaliyah giggled. "They don't kill you mommy. They just make you sound funny when you talk."

I narrowed my eyes at her. If only she knew...

"How about I make us pasta?" I went into the pantry.

"But you can't eat tomatoes."

"Duh I know that, Nonna told me about a recipe for sauce that I can eat without feeling like I'm swallowing a cactus."

Aaliyah climbed onto one of the bar stools, even after I've already told her not to sit on those. If she falls backwards it's her fault not mine.

"What is it made of?" I sat the pasta on the counter and went back into the fridge to get the ingredients. "Different kinds of cheese and a few spices. Like a more flavorful cheese sauce."

"How do you know it taste good?"

"Because my mother recommended it and when is she ever wrong?"

Aaliyah reached for my phone which she was somehow able to unlock, probably because the other day when I wasn't looking she saved her Face ID in there. "Hey, hey what are you doing?"

"Can we go live pleaseeeee!?" I took it from her going into Instagram. "Sure," I started the live and set my phone up at an angle. "Say high to everyone bubbly." I smiled as the people viewing started to go up.

"Hi I'm Aaliyah." I hear her say as I begin to cook the pasta.

I looked over my shoulder. "I'm pretty sure they know who you are. Your no secret baby." I turned up the stove.

"Shhhh mama I'm reading the comments."

"Maybe don't-"

"Someone asked what are we doing." I went over to her joining the live.

"We are making pasta!"

"Yeah but with no tomatoes because mommy's "allergic" Aaliyah sassed rolling her eyes at me and the comments immediately filled with a bunch of laughing emojis.

I ignored my absent minded daughter and went back to preparing dinner.

"What are we making the sauce with? Oh we're making cheese sauce." Aaliyah kept answering the fan's questions, me constantly looking over my shoulder with a smile at how comfortable she was with everyone and talking to people. After the pasta was finished and I had taken the sauce off of the stove I made my way back over to her.

"You can actually read those?"

"Yes mom." Aaliyah groaned and turned to the camera.

"Do you see what I have to deal with."

My mouth fell open and I laughed. "Little girl if you-" I sighed. "What do you want to drink?"

"Juice."

I got out two glasses pouring juice for Aaliyah and water for me. I then set the plates bringing them over.

"Okay finally finished..."

I handed her a fork and then picked up my phone turning the camera around for it to face her.

"Try it."

Aaliyah took a bite chewing it and suddenly I saw her move forward before swallowing hard.

"Whoa, is it good?"

She looked at me for a second before spitting it out into her napkin. "Ew that tastes, ew that tastes awful." She gagged as she continued to spit it out.

Once again the comments were filled with laughing emojis. Personally I was offended. I just spent 45 minutes making this and she's going to spit it out?

"Girl come on it's not that bad."

I took a bite myself. I tried to swallow it but somthing about the sauce didn't taste right. "Okay, okay your right that is awful." I said gulping down my water trying to rid the taste from my mouth.

Aaliyah got up heading towards the bathroom.

"Baby where are you going?"

"I'm gonna be sick!"

Hey!
Vote! Comment!
Share!
*769 words*
Sorry for errors
~Jewelz