♡︎the family code♡︎

This ones kinda a family one....eh we'll see how it goes.

eh we'll see how it goes

Ariana

"Dalton please, come on we can work this out."

I've always tried to be the best girlfriend/ fiancé that I could ever be. But I've realized, that it can only go so far. You can't force a relationship to work, I know that. Me and Dalton have been neck and neck for months. We'd argue, make up, argue, make up. I hated it. I love Dalton with all my heart but the wires just been getting shorter and shorter. It always seems like we're going against each other on everything. We've fought both verbally and physically and it finally got to the point where enough was enough.

"Ariana, this isn't healthy, for me or for you." My whole body leaned against the wall as I watched Dalton clear his side of the closet. I don't even know how we got here, words were said, valuables were broken, and now he's packing.

"Yes but, we've always worked it out before."

"Have we? The only time that it seems like we're okay is when we're out in public, or with Aaliyah."

My tears freely fell down my face, "What about her Dalton?"

"She'll be fine."

I placed my hands on my forehead, panicking on the inside. "No, no, no. Please." I tell myself pacing back and forth. I didn't want this to be real. I hoped it was all a dream and that I'd wake up, in Dalton's embrace.

"Baby please, listen. I know what this feels like. I do, and it still hurts. A- and I can't put her through that. I can't." I sobbed. It felt like everything was falling apart. Ever since I became a mother, I wanted Aaliyah to live a better life than me, I wanted to protect her from things like this. I guess I can't protect her from everything. This relationship had gone bad. And we both knew it.

"Please, I- I don't want her to go through that" I crouched down to the floor. I was basically letting all of my emotions free at this point. You can only hold them in for so long.

"Ariana, you don't think I've tried to make it work for her? This has gone on for month's, she knows you're not happy. She know's I'm not happy. You think it's better for us to stay in this toxic dysfunctional relationship as it continues to turn to shit? You want her to continue to see broken glass, dented walls, and broken picture frames? Ariana I get where you're coming from, but this clearly isn't working anymore."

I sniffed wiping my face with my hand as the tears kept falling. He was right. We try not to argue in front of Aaliyah, but I know she hears things. She's very smart. She notices how silent the table at dinner has been. How in the mornings we're hardly ever in the bathroom at the same time.

I don't want this to go on to the point where she thinks that this is normal. Because it's not. I don't want her to go over her friends house for a playdate and wonder why their parents actually act like they love each other. Not that me and Dalton don't, we just have a different way of showing it.