Dango

Bruce drew Zane into his arms as they stood in the airport, staring out at the gorgeous scenery of Osaka, Japan. 

"I can't believe we're actually here," she said, looking up at him ecstatically. "I can safely say I have never been here with anyone."

"Good. Let's make this first time the most memorable," he said, kissing her on the way to the bag check.

The car ride to their accommodation was lengthy, but scenic and lively. The look on Zane's face was too priceless. As she drunk in all Japan had to offer, he simply absorbed the sight of her.

They pulled up to a sizable house he'd rented for their vacation. The neighborhood was well populated, but still spacious.

"As you can see, I don't do hotels," he drawled, retrieving their things. He paid the driver handsomely and guiding her into the fully furnished home.

"Bruce, this is lovely," she said, twirling in the foyer like a princess in her castle.

"Only the best for you," he remarked. "Your kimono will be delivered first thing tomorrow for the Sakura Festival. After that, I wanna take you somewhere really special."

"Oh?" she purred, wrapping her arms around his neck. "How special is it?"

"I could show you now," he said, settling his hands on her waist. "But I won't. You'll just have to wait."

"Awww, you suck."

"I do," he grinned wickedly, and she slapped his chest playfully. "You hungry?"

He guided her into the kitchen and showed her to the fully stocked fridge.  He rolled up his sleeves, a determined look on his face. "It's about time I show you what an amazing chef I really am."

***

Arriving at the festival, they seemed to be the only thing anyone was looking at. Zane was dressed in a gorgeous white kimono with a gradient of purple sakura flowers and petals. The neck and sleeves were lined with fur, her hair a flurry of pinned up curls.

Bruce sported a black yukata with gold sakura flowers, his hair slicked back to perfection. The ladies stared especially hard.

With her arm snuggly tucked in his, they walked like celebrities through the crowd. Blossoms blew in the wind and it just made the sights and people all the more beautiful. They purchased some food and sat in the park, chatting and relishing each other's company. Some performers arrived and played some music, perfectly setting the tone.

"Are we staying for the fireworks?" she asked as Bruce started packing them up.

"There will be plenty of fireworks where we're going," he promised.

After going home and changing into more casual clothing, they embarked on yet another lengthy car ride, making their way up a mountainous path to what looked like a lavish mansion built right into the rock face.

The interior was even more exquisite than she imagined. As he went to the hostess, she marveled at fountain in the center of the room. When Bruce joined her, he had a huge grin on his face, a key dangling from his finger.

"I rented us a room for the night," he announced.

"A room?" she asked. "What's wrong with our place? I thought you didn't like hotels?"

"This isn't a hotel," he replied, taking her hand.

They reached their opulent room: a king sized bed, flat screen t.v. and all the necessities they needed.  Then he led her to the large sliding doors across the room. Mouth agape, she watched him open them to a ledge enclosed by the rocky mountainside, where there was a steaming spring pool facing the lights of the city under the glittering stars.

Set on the side was a bucket of wines and a platter of sliced fruits, diced cheeses and crackers.

"Bruce," she gasped, turning around to find he was already removing his clothes. She followed suit, leaving a pool of clothes behind as they climbed into the water.

"Wait for it," he whispered, drawing her back against his chest. Suddenly, the sky in the distance began exploding with fireworks.

"Bruce, this is incredible," she whispered.

"Yeah?" he growled. "Show me how incredible it is."

She turned around, a challenging look in her eyes as she straddled his lap. "As you command," she said, pecking his lips. "Thanks for the best vacation ever, baby."

She kissed him again slowly, sultry. 

The wine and cheese remained untouched the whole night.

***

They spent the second to last day of their trip attending Tokyo Comic Con. Bruce had spent a fortune getting costumes custom-made, and today was the great unveiling of the artist's masterful work. They both came out at the same time, having no previous knowledge of each others cosplay.

"Batman Classic," she said, taking in the sight of him.

He just stared in stunned amazement at her skin tight green, blue, purple and white hero suit of carbon fiber and reinforced polymer. "Wow . . . she did an exquisite job on the details. Who are you? Aside from the heroine of my wet dreams."

She laughed before spinning, giving him a full view of the costume. "A villainess. Call me Tiamat."

"Yes, mistress," he growled, grabbing her waist hungrily. "I'd like to pound some justice into that--"

"Excuse me?" she gasped in amused shock.

"I said . . . behave at the convention," he said, leading her out to the car.

They arrived early, so they waited with the few costumed guests while the artists finished assembling their booths.

"Is there anyone specific you want to meet?" she asked as they idled the grounds.

"I intend to meet everyone," he said. "I won't miss a single autograph."

"Sounds like a plan," she smiled.

Once the convention opened, they made it their business to be at every single booth, buying prints and having each one signed. Some of the artists even insisted on pictures of them, as did every single cosplayer they passed.

"I love your costume!"

"Did you make it yourself?"

"Where did you get that fabulous wig?"

"This is my natural hair," Zane giggled.

"Oh, who are you cosplaying as?"

"I invented this persona," she explained, regaling the gathering with the tale of Tiamat. After a few more questions and pictures, Bruce pulled her aside. 

"Time to go, my sexy villainess," he said, engulfing her in a hug. "Looks like you have your own fanbase now. How does it feel?"

"Thank God I don't have to take them home," she laughed. "I'll leave the popularity to you. I'm content being a nameless potato."

"Well, you have to take me home, and I'm your biggest fan," he grinned, leading her through to the exit. "Speaking of, you're overdue for a good peeling, Miss nameless potato."

"Do you ever take a break?" she smirked.

"I'll break when I'm dead. Now, take your punishment silently. Or screaming like a wild banshee in the night - I prefer that, actually."

She laughed her head off the whole way back. No day was ever dull with Bruce Wayne.