A White Guy, A Black Guy, A Pervert And A Cripple

The first night at the manor went remarkably well. Desiree hadn't gotten any calls from her clients and spent most of her night in the game room with Wally and Richard.

 Zane hung out in the living room, still circling away endlessly in her jewelry catalog. Divya hung out in Zain's room to test out the fireplace, and Scarlett had Ezio over in her room to catch up on his new life of subservience. 

Saber holed herself up in her room, trying to finish her script for Wednesday. Now that she had new audience members, she wanted to make sure things were extra perfect.

The next morning, Zain awoke early, taking a shower and getting dressed. He then met Alfred in the kitchen to help him prepare breakfast. Everyone woke at their own pace, and by the time they were all freshened up, a wonderful smell was wafting through the house. The men headed to the dining room to await breakfast, and the ladies followed suit.

"So, how was everyone's sleep?" Wally asked with a yawn, ruffling his bed hair that he didn't bother to fix during his dressing.

"Best sleep I've gotten in a very long time," Desiree replied. "But that's probably thanks to you guys tuckering me out last night."

"Yeah, cause that doesn't sound crazy," Divya snorted. Richard narrowed his eyes at her.

"You're always wearing shades. You're indoors, you know?"

"So what," she said, ruffling her crazy curls. "Mind your business."

"Just ignore her, she's rude to everyone," Scarlett informed with a condescending smile.

"She isn't the only one, either," growled Conner. Her jaw hardened as she looked at him, and he just averted his eyes elsewhere.

"Ignore him, he's rude to the women he likes," Kaldur explained.

"What?" Conner and Scarlett said in unison, shooting disgusted looks at each other.

"Don't even think about it, bub," she snapped.

"Don't flatter yourself. Kaldur doesn't know what he's talking about," he retorted.

"Finished!" Saber said, slapping the script onto the table. Everyone started to reach for it, when --

"Breakfast is ready!" Ezio suddenly called, leading Alfred and Zain into the dining room, pushing carts laden with platters.

"Oh, thank goodness," Zane rejoiced. 

The domes were lifted to reveal an extravagant meal: pancakes, waffles, french toast, bacon, ham, sausages, shredded beef, eggs, hash browns and oatmeal topped with cinnamon. Accompanied by two large pitchers of apple and orange juice and a large bowl of fresh cut fruits, there wasn't a single dry mouth at the table as everyone went diving for their portion.

"Do you lot have anything interesting planned today?" Alfred asked as he stood aside. Ezio joined the others at the table to eat.

"I think I'll go into the city today to have my script rewritten, copied and sent out," replied Saber. "That'll probably take me a few hours."

"I'll come with you, so I can call in this order," Zane said, motioning to her catalog. "It'll probably get here by Thursday. I'll swing back to pick it up."

"I'd like to go shopping for some fabric," Scarlett added. "I finally finished the sketch, and I wanna start making the outfit right away."

"I wouldn't mind being your model," Divya offered.

"I think I'll just go pick up one of my mannequins," Scarlett replied.

"Cold blooded," Conner chuckled. Scarlett grit her teeth, slamming her silverware on the table.

"Would you ladies like some company?" Kaldur quickly interjected. They shrugged their shoulders.

"Count me in!" chirped Wally.

"Let's make it a road trip!" Desiree said excitedly.

"I'm not going," Conner sniffed.

"Thank the heavens," Scarlett said dramatically.

"You will all go together," Alfred remarked. "The young master and I will stay behind and tidy the place while you're gone."

"Awww," pouted Ezio.

"Can't you make the gorilla stay, instead? I much prefer Ezio's company to his," whined Scarlett. Conner's jaw dropped incredulously.

"Behave, everyone, or I won't make dessert tonight," Zain warned.

"A road trip, you say?" Conner asked, changing his tone swiftly.

"Sounds like a plan," Scarlett agreed.

"Finish up then, so you can be on your way," Alfred ordered. 

The room filled with nothing but the noise of cutlery scrapping against China and the eager munching of famished people. Once they all finished, they retreated to their rooms to fetch their jackets while Alfred and Ezio tidied up the mess. In the east hallway, the six of them gathered.

"So, we're going to the city today, but what will we do tomorrow?" asked Desiree.

"Yeah, if we don't come up with some sort of plan, this vacation is going to be a total bust," Divya grumbled.

"Well, it's not like there isn't plenty to do here," offered Zane.

"Yeah, but if we wanna have a good time, we're gonna have to spice things up around here," said Scarlett.

"Agreed. We can stand to ease the tensions around here," Saber muttered.

"Well, let's go to the city and get inspired, then!" suggested Zain, and they all nodded, heading out.