Assyago

Saber glanced from behind the curtain of the Gotham Theatre stage. Tonight was the big night: the showcase of The Dragon God. She couldn't believe or figure out how she'd pulled it off, but the house was packed. She could spot a few of her regulars mixed in with a ton of new audience members, and it made her feel terrified and excited at once.

She glanced down at the reserved seats and saw they were still empty. Had they forgotten the date? They couldn't have. She'd been talking about this for months. So much work and effort had gone into this, and some of Scarlett's greatest pieces were about to be on display. How could they miss this?

She soon found herself marching down to the ticket office to find out what was going on.

"Aren't they here yet?" she snapped at her long-time usher, Robert.

"I'm sorry, Saber," he replied, looking haggard from the bustle of rapid ticket sales. "At least the show is sold out."

"That doesn't matter!" she hissed. "It starts in an hour!"

"And we wouldn't miss it for the world!"

Saber spun around just in time for Scarlett's warm embrace.

"I was about to have a conniption," she confessed, looking everyone over. They were dressed to the nines, and she couldn't be more overjoyed. "Where's Kaldur?"

Everyone's faces were a mix of sour and anxious expressions. That's when he pulled up in his car. When he climbed out, dressed in an impeccable tux, Saber's heart pounded.

Then he rounded to the passenger side and opened the door, escorting someone she never dreamed of seeing at one of her plays.

The blonde devil smiled coyly as she took Kaldur's arm, sauntering up to the gathered party. Kaldur's expression was carefully blank, lacking the shame everyone thought he should be feeling.

"Good evening, all," Jacqueline greeted, fidgeting in her sparkling red dress before her eyes landed on Saber. "Baby sister."

"Jacqueline. You're here," she replied through gritted teeth.

"Yes. With my beau, Kaldur Ahm," she cooed, snuggling into him.

Saber glanced at him, and he was staring so intensely, it terrified her. 

"He wanted to come to this little shindig you're throwing, so I'm accompanying him."

Saber's expression slowly diminished to one of blankness. "Are you two s-seeing each other?"

"Quite," Jacqueline chirped.

The corners of Saber's mouth twitched. The hostility radiating amongst the whole party was palpable.

"Thanks to you, sweetheart, Kaldur came to his senses and decided to be with the woman truly intended for him."

Conner made a sound of utter disgust, and Scarlett snorted. Jacqueline's smile tightened as she stared at Saber.

"It's all water under the bridge now. We're here peacefully to support you."

"I don't have enough reserved seats," she replied, her expression strained and pale.

"Oh, don't worry. I'm sure we'll have a decent view of everything," she purred.

"Well, thank the heavens we won't be sitting near you two," Scarlett remarked. "There aren't any reserved seats for cold blooded traitors."

She snatched Saber by the arm and proceeded to drag her inside. Everyone followed suit, leaving Kaldur standing awkwardly with Jacqueline.

"Wow, Saber! Look at the turn out!" Scarlett marveled.