Deadpool Is The Coolest

After a satiating dinner of steak, salmon, lobster, pasta and salad, the Wayne party soaked up each other's presence, indulging in deeply stimulating conversation. The night air was perfect and the music had slowed to an alluring tempo, creating an irresistibly smooth ambiance. A dessert of tiramisu cheesecake was being served, and everyone's drink glass was being constantly refilled. It wasn't hard to see that they were having the best time of the rooftop rendezvous.

"I want to dance," Zane said, boldly placing her hand atop Bruce's. Everyone at the table all but gasped as he stared at her, intrigued by her initiation. She raised a challenging eyebrow, daring him to reject her, but of course he wouldn't.

"As you wish," he chuckled, standing from his seat and pulling her with him. They didn't bother to ask anyone else if they would join, occupied with each other as they approached the practically empty dance floor.

The rest of the table was left to glance around awkwardly. That is, until Desiree and Wally stood up silently, joining hands and leaving as well.

Conner began to stand, and Scarlett, who surprisingly sat beside him tonight, gawked at him. It was obvious that she was desperate for him not to ask her.

"That thing that I have for you, you can find on the dance floor," he murmured for only her to hear, a tempting smile curving his lips. "I know you don't dance, but neither do I, so we can look like fools together."

"I dunno in what universe you think that's okay," she replied, taken aback by his advance, "but if whatever you have for me requires me to make a laughingstock of myself, you can keep it."

Conner scoffed loudly, rolling his eyes as he grabbed her arm and dragged her from the table. She didn't have time to protest, her mouth too busy flailing open and closed in utter shock. Ezio laughed, clapping his hands in amusement. 

That left Kaldur and Richard, who both looked at their implied dinner dates hopefully. Divya automatically shot down Richard's silent plea with her eyes alone, while Saber picked up her fork and stabbed into her cheesecake. Kaldur winced at the sound, taking the hint effortlessly.

Once Conner and Scarlett reached the dance floor, he turned towards her abruptly, entangling his fingers with hers and snagging her hips, dragging her against him. The air was practically forced from her, and her head spun a little as she glared up into his smug face. She was trying with all her might to reel in her fury, resentfully shuffling her feet in time with his. It incensed her more that he smelled so damn delicious.

"Fix your face, darling," Conner rasped. "You'll prevent the other diners from stepping onto the floor with us."

"That is my intention, after all," she replied through gritted teeth. "No one will get here fast enough when I eviscerate you."

"How delightfully violent you are. The men must be all over you," he snarled, tightening his grip on her.

"You are such a bastard - I can't stand you," she hissed, attempting to pull away. 

The amusement suddenly fell from his face as he pulled her even closer. It was almost as if he were trying to imprint himself down the entire length of her body; the thought made her shudder unwillingly.

"I wonder how you came to feel that way," he said in a chillingly calm voice. "You don't even know me."

"Well, your first impression was enough to make me not want to," she said, her smile acidic as she shoved them apart. He released her without a fight, returning a smile that didn't reach his eyes.

"Fair enough," he remarked, digging into his jacket pocket and pulling out a massive red cellphone-the biggest phone she'd ever seen. "Here's your prize."