Chapter 5 - Hux's Plan

A few minutes after Supreme Leader Kylo Ren left, General Hux approached his second in command. "General Oth, I am leaving, you are in charge while I'm gone. Unless Kylo Ren returns before me and presses you for my whereabouts, you are to keep my absence quiet. Understood?"

"Yes, General, I understand".

General Hux took his personal ship to light speed. As he approached the planet Florrum, he opened a channel to communicate with someone.

"I am approaching your planet, is everything prepared for the attack?"

The gravelly voice on the other end said, "Yes we be ready. Do you have payment? You know, rumors are these guys we be stealing from are the brutal kind, our lives are risking, maybe we deserve more for this job?"

"The First Order will double your payment after completion of this job. Be ready to begin when I arrive", said Hux.

"Good"

General Hux landed his small ship and exited to find a band of fourteen disheveled looking fighters. The leader was tall and thin, with a bony, tanned head with twin braids of what Hux assumed to be hair coming out the back, and a natural scowl. He carried a long rifle and had dirty tan and brown clothes. There were six other creatures of the same Weequay race in the group, and four reptile looking Trandoshans, who were green and more muscular than the others. They had large, imposing teeth, large noses and red eyes. There was one female human and another of a pig-like race.

Hux surveyed the group, "Bring the coaxium to me and I will pay you. I will remain back at a safe distance."

"Let's go, men" said the leader of the pirates.

The group headed out. Hux remained far enough back to observe the attack, but not close enough to get involved.

The target appeared to be a building built into a mountain. It was not well maintained, it was colored to blend into the mountain, but everything looked worn. There was a ship resting on a flat surface against the mountain rock. There was a pair of antennae coming out of the building and another pair half-way up the mountain. There appeared to be only one way in, with four ordinary looking guards dressed in silver at the opening.

The pirate leader began the attack by sniping one of the guards. He fell immediately and another guard ran to a control panel and pushed a button, while the other two ran for cover behind a wall. A loud horn could be heard echoing everywhere.

The pirates charged the building, guns blazing. One pirate was shot before he reached the guards. A Trandoshan tackled the guard who pushed the button and sent a shot from his rifle into his stomach. Four pirates rushed and overwhelmed one guard with gunfire. The remaining guard escaped into the building.

Seven pirates grouped together and began to make their way into the building but stopped when they saw three people dressed in all black standing ahead of them.

All three wore masks, obscuring their faces. The humanoid in the center was covered in black. His mask had a checkered pattern of shiny silver covering his face, with a black helmet covering his head. He had a black, stiff cloak and armored black boots and arm guards. He carried a scythe, a thick staff which had a hooked, metal blade on the end almost a meter long. To his right was a thinner humanoid. She did not have a thick cloak, her black attire fit more closely to her female shape. Her face was obscured by a slim black helmet which appeared to also fit snugly around her face. She carried a long staff of about 2 meters long, with thicker ends. As she brought it forward, each end lit up with a red glow. The third person in black appeared larger and more muscular. He carried a tall axe and also had a thick black cloak. His face was obscured by a hood and a dark metal mask which had sharp angles.