Chapter 9 - The Slaves

"Follow me" Rey said to Chewbacca and Finn nearby.

"Uh oh, Chewie" said Finn. "This could get ugly. We better protect her." Chewie gave a quick roar in confirmation.

Rey's focus turned to Sosh Ren as she collected the children from the stage and walked to the south away from the auction. Baldaar and Garmoth were slowly following. Rey started pushing and bumping her way across the crowds towards Sosh and the kids.

The three Knights of Ren made their way away from the crowd, to three land speeders parked on the outskirts. Rey shouted out, "Hey you! I want to talk to you!"

Sosh Ren paused, looked at Rey approaching, and picked up the kids and placed them in a speeder. She then slowly turned to Rey. Baldaar and Garmoth backed away a few meters.

Rey caught up to Sosh. "You know, you may have won the auction, but it's still evil to enslave kids."

Sosh Ren straightened up. "Who are you? I won these kids fair and legal, you LOST. Go bid on some others, or I'll cut you down and feed your remains to the kids."

Rey brought out her lightsaber and ignited it. "Yeah well, I don't think so."

Sosh Ren looked at the other Knights. "A Jedi? Well, you don't see many of them around anymore."

Garmoth Ren stepped forward a pace. "No, you do not. So, who trained you?"

"She was trained by Luke Skywalker, the one and only" said Finn.

Garmoth snickered just a bit. "Yes, well, so were we." With that, the three Knights drew their weapons in unison, and Sosh ignited her staff.

The Knights slowly moved to encircle Rey, Finn and Chewbacca with their weapons drawn.

The brown haired boy and the Twi'lek girl were still in the cockpit of the land speeder, rapt with attention.

"Ooooh, I wonder who's going to win!" said the boy.

"They are fighting over us, like we are prince and princesses. They must want to marrrrry us!" said the purple skinned girl. They both burst out laughing.

Rey and Sosh turned, a little stunned by the kids. But the scythe of Garmoth Ren swung down upon Rey. Rey turned her lightsaber to block. The saber did not penetrate or break what appeared to be wood and metal.

Finn and Chewbacca started to back up and shoot with their blasters. They focused their shots at Baldaar, who easily blocked their shots with his axe.

Sosh Ren brought her staff in a swinging motion up to Rey. Rey kicked away from Garmoth and blocked the staff, very close to the hilt of her saber.

Baldaar pointed his hand forward and pulled Finn's blaster away from him using the Force. Chewbacca saw what was happening and tried to shoot Baldaar while he was concentrating. Baldaar took the shot to his chest, and the blaster dropped at his feet, but he recovered from the shot, apparently wearing some kind of armour.

Sosh and Garmoth continued their attacks on Rey, striking in unison from both sides. Rey was continually blocking and backing up, making no progress.

Baldaar moved towards Chewbacca, ignoring the blaster at his feet, and blocking each shot of Chewbacca's. He raised his axe down upon Chewbacca, who blocked the axe with his large rifle.

Finn backed away, unsure what to do, and scared for Rey's safety. Then out of the corner of his eye, he saw the land speeder take off, and the brown haired boy yelled "bye bye wooooo!!!"

Finn straightened up, and spoke "Um, hey, the kids...are leaving!". The fighting continued. Finn yelled this time. "THE KIDS ARE GONE!" The Knights and Rey stopped fighting and looked around. The kid's speeder was gone.