Chapter 13 - Call for Help

General Leia Organa's cruiser remained motionless. They watched as about sixteen tie fighters exited the Star Destroyers. They approached the stranded X-wings and bombers of the Resistance floating in space. Suddenly two fighters fired upon a bomber and Leia saw it explode into thousands of pieces.

"Oh no." said Lieutenant Kaydel Ko Connix. "They are picking off our ships one by one!"

Another bomber exploded.

"What are we going to do? We can't take on all those ships!" said Finn.

An X-wing exploded.

"Leia, we can't hide and wait for our fleet to be destroyed," said Rey.

Another X-wing exploded.

"Let's distract them," said Leia. "Full speed ahead and start firing on the tie fighters."

The cruiser suddenly started firing on the fighters. It appears this surprised them as the cruiser easily destroyed two tie fighters. Suddenly all fighters changed direction and started attacking the cruiser.

"We won't last long against all these ships," said Lieutenant Connix.

"We'll last as long as we can. Prepare to jump to light speed when I say so," said Leia.

*********************************

Garmoth Ren watched as twenty six troopers fired on Kylo Ren. Kylo was shielded behind shipping containers. Garmoth and the other Knights walked up to Kylo and signaled for the troopers to stop firing.

"Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, trapped like a mouse in a corner," said Garmoth. Kylo said nothing. The six Knights circled Kylo. "Oh how the mighty have fallen, or should I say how the egotistical have fallen."

Garmoth swung his scythe at Kylo. Kylo blocked. Garmoth swung, three swipes. Kylo blocked and backed up.

"We were your friends, we followed you after you left Luke Skywalker, we became outlaws and outcasts for you."

Garmoth and Baldaar Ren took two swipes at Kylo in unison.

"We became the mighty Knights of Ren, then our fearless leader abandons us like we are nothing," Garmoth continued.

"He's loyalty like a meekrat," said Baldaar.

"Yes, a rat is a fitting description," said Garmoth.

"I didn't ask you to follow me," said Kylo.

"And he used us for his own selfish pleasure," said Sosh Ren.

"I saw an opportunity and took it. You would have done the same," said Kylo.

*********************************************

"Our shields are down to 65%!" Lieutenant Connix.

"Keep firing and moving," said Leia. "And if we can, bring some of our ships in with a tractor beam."

Another tie fighter was destroyed, then another.

"Shields down to 58%!"

"I've got an X-wing locked, pulling in," said an assistant.

The cruiser kept firing.

A tie fighter struck the X-wing being pulled in. "Ugh we lost the lock!"

"Shields down to 52%"

The cruiser kept firing.

"We got another lock, keep them distracted!"

"We got the X-wing in the bay!"

"Keep it up, let's get as many as we can," said Leia.

"It appears the First Order is doing the same thing, our ships are moving towards the Star Destroyers," said Rey.

"Shoot, grab and run!" said Finn.

*********************************************

"So the rat is trapped in the corner, what shall we do with him?" said Garmoth.

Garmoth, Baldaar and Sosh struck in unison. Kylo tried to block but his lightsaber was knocked out of his hands.

Garmoth Ren picked up Kylo's saber and put it in his dark overcoat.

"The Supreme Leader is no supreme!" said Baldaar.

"I've been looking for one of these myself since Luke," said Garmoth.

*********************************************

"We've grabbed six of our ships and our shields are down to 10%," said Lieutenant Connix.

"We've destroyed a lot of tie fighters," said Finn.

"Wait until we are down to 5% and jump to light speed," said Leia.

"Our other ships will be captured or destroyed," said Finn.

"We can't do any more than this, we have to leave," said Leia.

"We got one more ship, down to 6%, get ready to jump!" said Lieutenant Connix.

The cruiser jumped to light speed.

"What do we do now?" said Finn.

"I don't know. Let's repair. And pray."

"And can someone get a message to Rose?" said Leia.

***************************************

Kylo Ren was cuffed with his hands and feet and sitting in a corner, without his lightsaber. Baldaar Ren, the three other Knights, and six troopers stood guard.

General Hux walked over. "Very good, Knights, you are worth every single credit." Garmoth and Sosh stood near General Hux.

General Hux turned to the twelve leaders of the First Order. "The Resistance has fallen. And you now see our corrupt, selfish leader has also fallen. I am your Supreme Leader now! You WILL follow me!"

The twelve leaders bowed their heads. General Hux smirked and raised his chin.

****************************************

Rey left the helm of the cruiser to be alone. She stared out into space, she felt completely overwhelmed and powerless to help.

"Rey, I need you."

Rey looked around, nobody was talking to her.

"Rey, I need you."

It was the voice of Ben Solo. She then saw him sitting down, cuffed against a wall.

"What? You need me?" said Rey.

"I'm in trouble. The First Order has turned on me. I need your help," said Ben Solo.

"Wha....how....uh...I don't know. We are in trouble ourselves," said Rey.

"And why should I help you? The end of your evil reign is a good thing!"

"Rey...please."

And the image of Ben Solo disappeared.

Rey stopped for a moment to ponder. All she had to do is nothing, and the First Order might end, and thousands of planets would be freed! But at the same time, she somehow felt compassion for Ben Solo.

Rey walked over to Leia. "Leia, I just got a message from Ben. He's in trouble. He...wants...he needs our help."

"Oh. my. Yes I see the dilemma on your face. I feel it too," said Leia.

"What should I do? We could save a lot of people by ignoring it," said Rey.

Leia thought for a moment. "I think we both know what we want to do, or what we have to do."

"We? Are you going with me? You can't fight!" said Rey.

"I'm going to save my son," said Leia.

"How can we take on what might be dozens of troops that already defeated Ben?"

"I don't know, but we have to try," said Leia.