Chapter 6 - Visions

Kylo Ren headed out of his grandfather's castle, his mind still reeling from what had just transpired. As he almost reached the opening to the "fresh" air of Mustafar, he heard a familiar voice behind him.

"Hello Ben."

Ben was startled, he turned around, opened his mouth in shock, then relaxed, "So...you are dead, I thought I felt you...."

The ghost of Luke Skywalker was standing 3 feet above the ground. He was wearing a gray robe. His age and bearded appearance appeared to Ben to be what it was during Ben's training.

Luke spoke again, "Ben, what are you looking for here? Your grandfather's path, my father's path, was a path he very much regrets, not something to emulate."

"I'm here to learn about my grandfather, maybe gain knowledge you didn't..."

Luke interrupted, "Knowledge about the dark side? Ben, I don't know how to say this, but I was wrong, that night, I over--"

"Are you going to haunt me forever?...if you do I'll..."

"You'll kill me?" Luke chuckles. "Ben, the pain and suffering you saw in the vision you just had, that is waiting for you if you do not change. There is peace in the light side."

Ben paused, looked at Luke, filling with anger. "I don't care about your light-side/dark-sides nonsense any longer, I've let the past die. You are the past. LEAVE ME ALONE!"

Luke bowed his head, and disappeared.

****************

After a physically and emotionally exhausting day, Rey was asleep in her quarters at the Resistance base. Her mind drifted off...

"What did I do wrong for the mission to fail? How do we defeat the First Order? Who were my parents? How do we fight an enemy so vast and powerful? How could my parents abandon me? What if we had more Force sensitive people on our side? Do I smell bad when training?"

Her mind began to focus on Jakku. The impressions were powerful. She suddenly woke up, to the sight of two droids next to her.

"Excuse me miss" said C-3P0, you were talking in your sleep. I am fluent in millions of forms of communication, but I could not understand your dialect. What planet are you from?

Rey was not paying attention to C-3PO. "Jakku, Jakku". Rey was still groggy but wandered off to find Leia. Leia was awake, staring at the stars.

"Leia, I had the strangest dream. I think I know what our next mission should be, or what my next mission should be. It's the last place in the galaxy I want to go, but I feel I should go back to Jakku. I am not sure why, but the feeling is strong."

Leia patiently listened until Rey finished, "Then I think you should go. Do what you need to do. We will put your training on hold until you return."

"Ok...then, this is all so sudden, I'm sorry, thank you Leia for being wonderful."

"That is fine Rey, now go get some sleep."

Rey walked off to her quarters. Leia shouted to the droids, "3P0 and R2! I need you, I have a hunch."

C-3PO spoke, "Yes miss General? How may I be of assistance?"

"I need you two to research something for me", said Leia to the droids.

"Both of us? Why is this unit still with me?" said C-3PO.

"3PO, you were in an accident, you lost your memories, you used to be best friends with R2. Try to remember."

"Well, I still don't understand why I would be friends with this droid. He just makes strange sounds and follows me around!"

R2-D2 whirred and beeped. Leia looked at the droid "Yes R2, let me tell you what I want you to find."

************************

The next day, Rey, Finn, Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2 & BB-8 flew off to Jakku. Many emotions were flowing back into Rey. Jakku was not a pleasant experience for Rey. Her home since she was a young child, growing up she very much wanted to leave, but at the same time wanted to stay, waiting for her parents to return. She was abandoned here. She never planned on going back.

Rey had no idea where she was going, but landed in the city Porus, a different city than her old home. She had no memory of this place. Like her former home, it was continuous desert, with little vegetation. There were more trees here, but they provided little shelter from the sun. It appeared larger than she expected. There appeared to be a bustling corridor of trade merchants to the left, and what appeared to be homes or hotels to the right, and what appeared to be the center of the town up ahead.

After landing, R2-D2 beeped and whirred. Rey looked at R2-D2, "You are leaving? Um, we might need you."

C-3PO spoke, "Excuse me Rey, Leia has given this droid and I a special mission. We will be safe and return to the ship when we are done."

"This is unexpected, but I guess Leia knows what she is doing. Chewbacca, you should go with them", said Rey.

"Rraawwwrrr-werrr", Chewbacca said.

"Chewie, I will be OK, the droids need your protection more than me", said Rey.

Chewbacca snorted and nodded, and they went off towards the center of the town.

Finn turned to Rey, "Rey, why are we here? What is the mission?"

Rey, looking out at the town, said "I'm not sure, but I feel we should look for Force sensitive people. We need more than just me to defeat the First Order."

"People with your skills are really rare, how on earth do we find them?" said Finn.

"I don't know, but we should follow where the Force guides us."

They walked casually towards the right, BB-8 following close behind.

"Remember the last time we were here?" said Rey. "It was a lot of running."

"Yes I remember, we barely made it out alive."

"Maybe the Force helped us to run into each other that day?" said Rey.

"I don't know if the Force does that, but I'm glad we met" and Finn smiled.

They approached a man who appeared to be managing an inn, and Rey spoke first, "Excuse me sir, this is a strange request, but we are looking for someone with special abilities, they might be able to move objects with their mind, or anticipate things before they happen."

The inn keeper replied, "What does this person look like? I never seen any folk like that, but if I did, I'd hire them and make me some money in the races, heh!"

Finn said, "Never mind sir, sorry to bother you."

Rey, Finn and BB-8 wandered around talking to several people in the area for a couple hours, but found nothing, then BB-8 started beeping and rolling back and forth.

"What is it, BB-8?" said Rey. "R2 found something? What did he find? Meet them in the center of town?"

Rey, Finn and BB-8 made their way to find R2, C-3PO and Chewbacca. C-3PO was excited, "Thank the stars! This droid found something you are going to like, I didn't think he could, but he did!"

R2-D2 beeped and whirred. Rey wasn't sure what she heard, "What was that? I don't understand."

C-3PO said "He found your parent's names, and where they are!"

Rey stepped back and leaned against a nearby railing. She took several seconds to respond, "....oh...my."

The Knights of Ren - Star Wars Episode IXजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें