Chapter 14 - The Rescue

Leia stood up in bridge of the cruiser. "Rey and I are going to infiltrate the main First Order ship. This is extremely dangerous, and I can't ask for help from you. Since Poe is not here, Lieutenant Connix will be in charge while I am gone. There is a chance we may not return." Leia paused. "May the Force be with You." Leia's voice trailed off.

There was mumbling among the crew.

Rey said "We have a tie fighter we accidentally tractor beamed into our dock. Let's use that to get into the Star Destroyer. It will be a tight fit, are you up for it?"

"I've been in tighter spots before," said Leia with a smirk.

Finn quietly asked that a few Resistance fighters follow him to an adjacent room. When they reached the room, Finn spoke, "Look, I plan on helping Rey and Leia. I need your help. Are you willing to go with me?" A few in the room shook their heads in agreement. "Good. C-3PO, I need you to pilot the escape ship if needed."

"Me? Oh my. I'm not a pilot! Why me?" said C-3PO.

"You can't fight, and you have arms," said Finn.

"I have been malfunctioning lately. My motivator chip is damaged. I'm afraid I cannot go," said C=3PO.

R2-D2 bumped C-3PO and beeped and whirred.

"You want to give me your motivator chip?" said C-3PO.

R2 beeped and whirred.

"Oh my," said C-3PO.

A nearby technician motioned to C-3PO and R2-D2. "Alright then, come with me I'll make the switch."

A few moments later, after the switch, C-3PO looked around. R2-D2 was not moving.

"What is wrong with R2?" said C-3PO.

"He didn't respond after the switch. He appears to be down," said the technician.

"He sacrificed himself for you, 3PO, that's what friends do," said Finn.

"Oh my. Maybe that little droid isn't so bad after all."

**************************************

Rey and Leia squeezed into the tie fighter and took off. After they came out of light speed, and were half-way to the Super Star Destroyer, a Resistance ship appeared behind them.

"Who is that, and why are they following us?" said Rey.

The Resistance ship started shooting at them.

"They are shooting at us? What?" said Rey.

"Their shots are missing, by a lot." I think I know what they are doing," said Leia.

"Bank and weave, pretend like they are chasing us," said Leia.

Rey and Leia's tie fighter turned and weaved and erratically headed towards the Super Star Destroyer. The Resistance ship followed close behind, shooting. Once the tie fighter entered the bay of the Destroyer, Rey started firing on the troopers in the bay. The Resistance ship behind them also started firing into the crowds. Chaos ensued and troops scattered. Rey and Leia exited their ship, as did the few Resistance fighters behind them.

Rey blocked laser bolts as Leia shot with a blaster. Finn and the other Resistance fighters shot and moved. The initial shots of their ships did some damage to the troops in the hangar, but they still out-numbered the Resistance considerably. Rey saw Ben in the corner. "Leia! Ben's over there!" And they tried to move forward towards him.

About half-way to Ben, Baldaar Ren appeared with two other Knights to block their way. Leia shot at Baldaar but he easily blocked with his axe.

"You go no more," said Baldaar. Rey swung at Baldaar with her double-bladed lightsaber. Baldaar blocked. The other two Knights swung at Rey in unison and Rey backed up a bit and blocked with each side of her saber. Leia shot at a Knight and he recoiled, but recovered, his armor protected him.