Chapter 11 - The Cave

Rey thought for a moment about meeting Kylo and decided to inform Leia.

"Leia, your son contacted me through our Force bond. He wants to exchange the kids for the holocron. He wants to meet in a cave on Mustafar, alone. Do you think it could be a trap?"

Leia thought for a moment. "Ben has much of the dark side in him, but I don't think it's like him to use obvious tricks to trap you. I do not know for sure of course, we should be cautious, but I think it's OK for you to meet him, mostly alone."

"Mostly alone?" said Rey.

"Perhaps you should bring Poe. He is our best pilot if you need to escape quickly. We'll also have a ship orbiting the planet as a backup."

Poe was nearby. Leia motioned Poe to come join the conversation and filled him in on the details.

"I'm happy to join the mission, but this could be our chance to get Kylo," said Poe. "Why don't we trap him instead?!"

"I know we should jump at the chance to capture him, but I somehow I don't feel we should betray him this time, this way," said Rey, "and there might be First Order backup nearby, just like us."

"Alright so you want to play this safe, huh, I still think if we want to win this war, we have to take bold chances," said Poe.

"Yes, but a higher priority is to listen to the Force," said Leia, "is that what you feel Rey?"

"Yes, I think so."

Leia spoke. "Alright it's a plan then. This is risky but we should try to rescue those kids from being used as a powerful tool of evil for a lifetime.

"May the Force be with you."

Rey gave Leia a hug and looked her in the eye. "May the Force be with you too."

******************************************************

Inside the cave, Kylo Ren was sitting on a rock, waiting for Rey. The kids were sitting in a corner, with stun cuffs on their wrists. There was no natural light to see, the only light was a small lantern-like object which Kylo had brought.

Temiri Blagg, the small boy, spoke up. "Are you one of those Sith people? Luke Skywalker used to chop them up so easy, chop them up and put them in soup!" Temiri and the girl, Haita, looked at each other and giggled.

"Luke Skywalker is dead, he won't be coming to save you," said Kylo Ren.

Haita said "How did you get that scar? Did Luke slash your face?"

"Shut up kids."

Temiri said "Do all Sith have ugly scars? Are all Sith ugly? Snoke was ugly. Are you gonna be ugly like him?" The two giggled again.

"If you do not shut up, I will give you a scar."

"Are you going to train us to be Sith like you? I heard you have to eat the hairs of a Kinor bat and the toes of a Gundark to join the Sith," said Haita.

"EEEEwwwwww!" the kids both said in unison.

"I think he's angry all the time because the Sithy food is gross," said Temiri and they both giggled again.

"Maybe no girl will kiss him!" said Haita.

Kylo stood up in anger and ignited his lightsaber. "If you do not stay quiet, I will put this saber through your mouth!" He stayed angry for a few seconds, then gave up, turned off his saber and sat back down. "Eh, I'll be rid of you soon enough."

"All my masters have been angry all the time, it seems the more master you get, the angrier you get." said Haita.

"Quiet!" Kylo whispered, and he tried to listen intently. There was a sound coming from the cave opening. He walked towards the sound, away from the kids.