2.5

Chapter Five: Friends no more?

"So what's he like?" Axton raised an eyebrow at the shorter blonde, who sat on the leather couch across from him.

"Well, he's stern. He's very kind though, you can see it in his eyes." Florence spoke, looking up from her potions textbook.

"Oi! Mudblood!" Florence felt her blood run cold at the sound of Draco's voice, the memories of Lucius in the graveyard rushing over her as she took a deep breath jumping to her feet.

"You better shut your mouth Malfoy!" Florence exclaimed and Axton's eyes widened in shock, shock that Florence had finally stood up for herself. Draco looked just as surprised, taken back by her outburst.

"You better shut yours, I won't have some little mudblood, tell me what to do!" Draco glared at her. "You better keep your mouth shut or I'll be giving you detention!"

"Draco, you might not want to abuse your power like that. Wouldn't want to lose the prefect badge, would you?" All eyes landed on the black-haired, and dark-skinned girl who was walking down the stairs. Athena. Florence felt relief wash over her as did Axton.

Draco let out a grumble before walking away, Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy following behind him. Florence could hear the four giggling and making fun of Florence and her friends. Florence glared at their backs, anger boiling in her blood.

"What was that about?" Axton asked and Florence turned around to look at her two black haired friends.

"Malfoy. Malfoy was in the graveyard that night." Florence watched as Axton's eyes widened.

"No. He was watching the tournament as well. I saw him practically eating Pansy's face" Athena spoke, confused as Axton raised an eyebrow at their blonde friend.

"No, not Draco," Florence spoke, taking a deep breath. "Lucius Malfoy."

"Draco's dad?" Athena spoke, shock and fear all over her face.

"Yes, he's a follower of Voldemort," Florence spoke, quickly wiping her eyes as the fear of that night rushed over her.

"You have to tell someone!" Athena exclaimed, looking around, making sure that nobody was eavesdropping on their conversation.

"The order knows" Florence whispered as Athena and Axton looked at her concerned. "I told Alastar, but we can't tell the ministry...they won't believe us and half of them are death eaters. So if we go to them, they'll just go after us."

"I can't believe it...Lucius is actually a death eater." Athena spoke, deep in thought.

"You're kidding? Right?" Axton spoke, raising an eyebrow at Athena. Athena looked to Axton, confused at his words as did Florence. "Look at Lucius, look at Draco! It's no surprise that Lucius is a death eater. He's vile, rude, and incredibly blood prejudice! I'd be more surprised if he wasn't a death eater! And I'll bet you all my savings that Draco's one as well!"

Athena's jaw dropped as she looked at Axton in surprise, meanwhile, Florence snorted before bursting out into laughter. Athena looking to Florence in surprise now as well, Florence grabbed her stomach in her fits of laughter as Axton joined his best friend, laughing away. Athena looked between the raven-haired boy and the bright blonde haired girl, concern and confusion on her face.

"Come on Athena! He's got a point!" Florence exclaimed, wiping the tears of joy from her eyes.

"Guy's we should not be joking about death eaters right now," Athena spoke as Axton let out a few final chuckles.

"Now she's got a point Axton" Florence spoke, taking a deep breath, trying to catch her breath that she had lost from her fits of laughter.

"I know, I know" Axton spoke smiling and waving the two girls off.

The three looked amongst each other, they all knew what was coming and there was no beating around the bush.

"There's a war coming," Axton stated, a matter of factly as Florence nodded, Athena, looking to her feet as she let out a sigh.

"I know" Florence whispered, just loud enough for her two friends to hear.

"And this is only the beginning," Axton spoke again, looking between the two girls.

"I know" Athena now whispered, fumbling with her hands.

"Once we get out of school, we go to join the order, right?" Axton questioned, looking to the two girls.

"Of course, there's no way I wouldn't" Florence spoke, confidently.

"I-I don't know..." Florence and Axton's eyes landed on Athena. "M-my aunt, Nozla. She wouldn't be happy, she would banish me."

"That's if she found out!" Axton exclaimed.

"I-I would be labeled a blood traitor!" Athena whispered yelled at her two friends.

"Well Florence, at least you can trust one of us to fight for you to live" Axton exclaimed, his pale face now dark red in anger, as he turned and stomped away. Florence let out a sigh as she turned to follow the raven-haired boy.

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE!" Athena screamed and Florence was silently thankful that everyone else had gone to bed.

Axton turned around, pushing past Florence and towards Athena, who now had tears streaming down her cheeks as Axton pointed his finger in her face. "I know exactly what it's like Athena, you forget where I come from! Who I come from! My father came from a sick pureblood family just like yours, he didn't have the courage to stand up for my mother to his parents. He didn't even have the courage to tell them about my mother, because she was a muggle! A muggle! He didn't care to stand up to Voldemort for her, not until he found out she was pregnant. With me. Then he decided he had a change of heart. And he got killed because of it! He died because he was a coward, and if you don't grow up...you will too!"

Florence watched Axton spit the words out to Athena, as she cried more. Axton angrily turned around making his way up the stairs, grabbing her hand and pulling Florence behind him as they made their way to the dorms. Luckily because the two were in their final room, they had their own rooms. Axton dragged Florence into his, still fuming with anger.

"Axton...perhaps you were a bit too harsh?" Florence spoke softly as Axton turned around, the pale, white color of his face slowly returning.

"No, if you ask me, I wasn't harsh enough. She's being a selfish coward, thinking of only herself. She is your friend, and your friends are supposed to take care of you at the end of the day. That is not a true friend!" Axton spoke, letting out an annoyed sigh. "Florence, a war is going to happen whether we like it or not. This is a war where you are the victim, they want you dead Florence. I refuse to let that happen because you are my friend."