2.4

Chapter 4: The lady in pink

Florence made her way towards the Gryffindor table, spotting the top of four ginger heads, a curly brunette, a bright blonde, and another curly brunette.

As Florence made her way closer she noticed Luna sitting beside Ginny, Ron, Hermione, and Harry. A blue in a sea of red cloaks, across sat Fred, George and Lee. Florence pushed in between the twins, her green popping just as much as Luna's blue. Florences eyebrows furrowed at Ron. "What's that?"

"He's a prefect now" Fred snickered as Ron's face turned bright red.

"Oh, I should've known you'd get prefect Ron! Congratulations!" Florence beamed, a large smile on her face as one appeared on Ron's.

"Really? You knew?" Ron questioned.

"Oh come on Ron, of course! You are quite brilliant!" Florence smiled as Ron blushed even more red, causing Fred and George to snicker.

"Look Georgie, Ron's old crush on Florence is coming back" Fred spoke, snickering at Ron who glared at his brother.

"Shut it Fred, or else you'll get it" Ron angrily spoke as Hermione and Harry joined in on the snickering.

Florence who was also annoyed with the twos antics sent them both an elbow into their chest, the twins let out groans which now caused Ron to snicker. Florence looked towards Harry "Heard you lot had a bit of trouble, getting here?"

"How did you know?" Harry exclaimed, puzzled.

"I always know" Florence spoke, a smirk on her lips as she grabbed a bun, taking a huge bite out of it. "Also know that Longbottom had some trouble with his plant on the train ride"

Neville who had been sitting on the other side of Luna, blushed bright red. As Harry looked to Ron and Hermione, mouthing the words 'no, actually how does she know?' which in turn just earned him a shrug from his two best friends.

"That's not the issue at hand here, I'm confused how did those gits, Pansy and Malfoy get prefect over you and Axton? You two are brilliant!" Hermione exclaimed, obviously in distress as Florence giggled.

"We rejected the offer." Florence spoke, taking another bite out of the bun.

"What do you mean?" Hermione asked in shock.

"I don't have an interest for prefect, I'm already practically accepted into the auror program. I've got duelling club and my classes still, I don't need prefect on top of that. I just want a nice calm year after last year." Florence spoke, taking another bite.

"Yeah, real calm" Fred spoke rolling his eyes.

"So calm" George sarcastically finished his brothers sentence. But Florences attention wasn't on those two at the moment as she stared at the front of the hall.

"You see the woman up there?" Florence nodded towards the front, everyone's heads snapped in the direction of the woman who was wearing all pink including a fluffy pink coat.

"Hey, yes. She was at my hearing." Harry pointed out, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Of course she was." Florence spoke, as if everyone should've known. "Her names Dolores Umbridge. She works at the ministry, for Fudge."

"For fudge!" Hermione exclaimed, confused. "Why would she be here?"

"Come on Hermione, why wouldn't she be here?" Florence spoke as everyone looked at her, curiously. "After the show last year. She's Fudges spy. She gave Moody and Tonks a lot of trouble last year because of me."

"Fudges spy?" Hermione whispered. "Why does Fudge need a spy and trouble because of you?"

"He needs to spy on Dumbledore" Florence spoke in between bites of her bun. "And I'm a muggle born, she don't like muggle horns"

Before anybody else could give their opinion on the situation, everyone broke out into the Hogwarts song. All happily singing, meanwhile Fred, George, and Florence just tended to look bored and annoyed with the antic.

The song came to an end and Dumbledore began to give his yearly speeches, speaking of Filchs rules and request. Which nobody seemed to care about or follow. And introducing the teachers. Especially the new one.

"Hem, hem" Florence watched with curiosity as Umbridge stood up, ready to make a speech. "Thank you headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. Well, it is lovely to be back at Hogwarts, I must say! And to see such happy little faces looking up at me!"

Florence couldn't help but find the humour in the situation as she looked around to see not a single soul smiling. "The ministry of magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importances. The rare gifts of which you were born with may come to nothing if not nurtured and honed by careful instruction. The ancient skills unique to the wizarding community must be passed down through the generations lest we lose them forever." Florence yawned, zoning out. Staring out the window on the far side of the hall.

Florence knew Hermione would probably summarize it for them after she was done speaking.

"The ministry is interfering with Hogwarts?" Hermione exclaimed leaning across the table toward Florence, who also leaned in.

"If you were Fudge, wouldn't you?" Florence asked Hermione, raising an eyebrow at her. "Voldemort has just came back, you need to keep the wizarding community calm and collected. What do you do?"

"Send secret spies to keep the peace?" Hermione questioned.

"Bingo" Florence, spoke leaning back as Hermione stood up.

"First years, follow me please" Hermione exclaimed as Ron followed her suit.

"I think I'd rather Avada Kedavra myself than deal with first years" Fred grimaced.

"No kidding" George mumbled and as Florence rolled her eyes.

"So Florence, what do you all know about Umbridge?" Fred questioned the blonde, who let out an annoyed sigh.

"The first time I met her, she told Fudge and Alastar...That the ministry shouldn't be allowing mudbloods into the auror academy." Florence grumbled as Fred and George looked at her in shock.

"What a stupid piece of-"

"What an idiot!" George cut Fred off, before he said something really dumb.

"You should've hexed her right there and than." Fred grimaced, glaring at the pink blob at the front of the hall.

Florence set her hand on top of Fred's, instantly pulling his attention from Umbridge to her. The ginger haired boy looked down at his best friend, who was busy looking at him with soft blue eyes. Those blue eyes always reminded Fred of a lake, not an ocean. An ocean was chaotic, dangerous, and scary. But a lake, a lake was always calm, relaxing, and safe. And Florence Jane was calm, relaxing, and safe to Fred Weasley.

"Don't worry Fred, she's just playing spy for Fudge. She'll be gone soon enough" Florence gently spoke, as Fred nodded his attention back onto the woman, who was currently talking to Dumbledore.

A/N: I wrote so much today, so I am so sorry for the spam that is about to take place. I didn't work today and was feeling incredibly motivated. Something that doesn't happen very often, so I took advantage of it. I hope you don't mind!