2.9

Chapter Nine: Gryffindor Versus Slytherin

Astoria, Athena, and Florence all sat behind Hermione and Ginny. Their green scarves engulfed in a sea of red and gold, Astoria and Athena felt out of place, but Florence never did. Not many Gryffindors said anything to her anymore, thanks to Fred and George.

Florence watched as the referee, Madam Hooch, blew her whistle as the balls were released, gold and red, green, and silver, flying into the air. Florences eyes stayed on Fred and George.

Florence jumped into the air, letting out a cheer as she watched George Weasley, send a blundger in one of the Slytherin boys heads. She sat down, as cheering from Slytherins team echoed in the arena.

"Weasley cannot save a thing, he cannot block a single ring, that's why Slytherins all sing. Weasley is our king!"

Florence glared at the sea of green and silver, she wanted to send a spell into every single one of them and by the looks of brown curly haired girl in front of her, she wanted too as well.

As the game went on, Florence felt her blood boiling as she watched the Slytherins continuing to cheer, but it quickly came to a stop as Harry caught the Snitch and all of Gryffindor let out a cheer.

Little did Florence know, she had become one of the important topics on the field below.

"We wanted to add more lyrics, but we couldn't find rhymes for fat and ugly to sing for his mother, maybe add useless loser for his father!" Florence was making her way to the field to congratulate her friends, her eyebrows furrowing at Malfoys words, confused as to what he was even talking about.

Florence watched as Angelina was all of a sudden holding Fred in place. "Just leave it! He's just sore he lost, the little-"

"But, when you spend all your time with dirty, stinky, mudbloods like Granger and that ugly, disgraceful little blonde mudblood. God, it's nice to have a dog around the house!" Florence felt her jaw drop as she watched Malfoy laugh, but quickly it shut as she watched Angelina, Alicia, and Katie hold Fred back, Harry holding George.

"I'm going to kill you for that, Malfoy!" And as hard as the girls tried to hold Fred back, they couldn't. Fred dove at Malfoy, easily tackling him to the ground.

"Fred! FRED! NO!" Florences eyes widened as Fred lifted his fist and sent it right into Malfoys face, lifting it again and sending it back into his face.

"Impedimenta!" Florence watched as Fred was knocked over backwards, Madam Hooch, running towards them. "What do you think you're doing? I've never seen such behaviour like this, straight to your head of houses office! Now!"

She watched as Fred, made his way off the field, she quickly ran off, leaving Astoria and Athena n the dust.

"Fred!" Fred looked behind him, to Florence running after him, confused and sad eyes on her. "What did you do? W-why?"

Fred let out a huff of annoyance, continuing to walk as Florence stopped dead in the hallway, her eyebrows furrowing, confused at his reaction. "You're going to ignore me?"

"I'm not ignoring you." Fred spoke, his voice ragged, no joy or excitement in it.

"Please, just stop for a second, please Fred!" Florence slowly followed behind him, Fred not having interest in stopping, wanting to go get his punishment. Get it over with. "Please, for me?"

Fred let out another long and deep breath before stopping in the hallway, turning around to look down at the blonde. "What, Florence?"

"Fred..."she trailed off, grabbing the boys right hand. His knuckles cut open, bloodied, and bruised and Fred felt his breath get caught in his throat at the feeling of her cold hands. "I know why you hit him."

Fred looked down at her, who was busy inspecting his hands. If he wasn't listening intently enough, he might not have been able to hear her. "Nobody talks about my mother and father like that."

Florence looked up at him, one thing Fred really liked about the girl were her eyes. You could read every emotion on just her eyes alone. Fred took another deep breath, focusing. "Nobody talks about you like that. Nobody, got it?"

"Fred..."

"I'm serious, Florence, I wanted to kill him for what he said about you. I should've." Fred spoke sternly and Florence, but her lip. Fred let out another deep breath, setting a kiss on the girls temple. "I'll find you later, okay?"

Florence nodded as Fred turned around, making his way to McGonagall's office. Florence stood in the hallway, watching Fred disappear down the hallways. She shook her head, bringing herself out of her thoughts as she ran after the boy and to McGonagall's office as well.

Stopping, she looked at one of the chairs sitting outside the door. The girl took her place, sitting down, and doing the one thing that she would always choose to do, wait for Fred Weasley.

The clicking of heels echoed in the hallway, and Florence recognized them immediately, looking up at Umbridge, who stopped to stare at the blonde before making her way into McGonagall's office.

Florence felt her bit her lip, trying to listen to the conversation. She didn't hear Fred make any snarky remarks, only heard McGonagall and Umbridges voices raise. Until it all came to a silence, the door opening and Florence watched as Umdridge walked out of the office, a large smile on her face and Florence watched as she walked down the hallway, disappearing. Her head snapped up at the sound of the door opening, the familiar tall, ginger, making his way out. His eyes snapped down to Florence as she quickly jumped to her feet. "Are you okay, Fred? What happened?"

"I got banned from quidditch, as did George." Florences jaw dropped as she started at Fred.

"What? How? Why? I-I-"

"Florence, I punched Malfoy multiple times. Whatever, not like me and George are going to do anything useful with what we learned here. Once we have enough money open up the Joke shop, we are out of here." Florences eyes dropped to the floor as she nodded.

"Yeah, yeah. That's, that'll be for the best, you know?"

"Yes, it will be!"