11.

"Win, because you don't know how to lose"

Chapter 11: Some Friendly Competition
Song: you should see me in a crown-Billie Eilish

"And what about your competition?" Arthur asked Florence, before taking another bite from his plate.

Florences favourite part of Christmas with the Weasleys was Molly's cooking. She was a wonderful and talented cook and Florence had never tasted a bad meal from her.

"Good, I probably would have died against the dragon if Harry wouldn't have warned me." Florence spoke, sending Harry a wink, the boys face going bright red.

"Florence is just being humble. She didn't even practice to fight the dragon, everything she did was off the top of her head" Fred spoke, patting Florences shoulder, a proud smile on his face.

"Yes, but none the less. It was nice to get a warning. So thank you, Harry" Florence spoke, politely.

"So, what spells did you use?" Arthur asked the girl, curiously.

"We didn't read the paper, we wanted to hear it right from the source" Molly spoke, smiling at the blonde girl.

"I turned the dragon to stone. I under estimated it at the start, than reacted without thinking. I don't think Charlie was too happy about me killing his dragon. I got docked a good amount of points for it, but I still got 2nd. Behind Fleur Delacore. Who is in 1st right now. " Florence spoke, shyly.

"It was brilliant dad!" Ginny spoke, excited.

"You should've seen Harry though, his dragon was much more intense than mine. Harry was close to beating me, I got 38 points and he got 36" Florence spoke, nodding towards the brunette.

"I did hear, everyone was talking about it at the ministry, Harry" Arthur spoke as Harry awkwardly chuckled.

"What about your guys competition, what are they like?" Molly asked, Florence and Harry looked to each other before looking back to Molly.

"Fleur is really nice, not so much humble but her heart is in the right place." Florence spoke, taking a bite of the casserole before continuing. "I think her and I would make good friends after all this. She's very strong. And clever too! Which would explain why she's beating me"

"Don't forget she's a bombshell" Ron mumbled, even though the whole table could hear him, Harry snorted as George began chuckling while Hermione and Ginny glared at him. Molly was ready to put the boy in his place but Florence spoke first.

"I'll be sure to mention that to her Ron" Florence spoke, a smirk on her lips as Ron's eyes widened as his fast turned red.

"I-I was kidding" Ron spoke, looking horrified as Harry, Fred, and George had amused looks on all their faces.

"She's much more than just a pretty face" Florence spoke, looking at Ron, disappointed.

"Just like our sweet little Flo, here" Fred spoke, wrapping his arm around Florences shoulder pulling the girl into his chest, Florence tried to push away from her best friend, unable too, the girl let out an annoyed huff.

"We love our little Florence" George spoke, taking a bite off of Florences plate as Fred let her go.

"You two are such a nuisance" Florence spoke, rolling her eyes.

"How about Victor Krum?" Arthur asked, raising an eyebrow at Harry.

"Umm, well-"

"He's a dim witted idiot" Ron spoke, rolling his eyes.

Florence looked to Fred and back to George, the three began to snicker and to everyone else at the table it would seem like they could read each others minds. As if they had their own silent language.

"Well...Florence and Harry, we are very proud of you both" Molly spoke, raising her wand, taking every bodies dirty plates.

Harry blushed, looking to the ground, shyly as Florence got a large smile on her face, proud to make her second family proud. "Oh yes, Harry and I were wondering if you'd like to come and watch the final task. Of course it's not until the 24th of June, and we don't even know what it is yet. But, we would love if you guys came. I already sent a letter to Bill and Charlie"

Fred, George, Ginny, Ron, and even Harry looked amongst each other confused. Florence had no mentioned the idea to Harry, but she knew he wanted the Weasleys to come and nobody had known the girl already sent the two oldest Weasleys.

"Of course, we would love to come dear!" Molly spoke, excitement on each word and Florence had a large toothy grin on her face. "I don't know about Bill and Charlie, they are always busy. Charlie especially."

"Oh no, of course. That is very understandable!" Florence spoke, the smile not once leaving her lips.

"Yeah, we would love that" Harry spoke, giving Florence a small and thankful smile.

——

"Catch George!" Florence looked up to see Fred holding her golden egg and before she could say anything, the boy threw the egg. Overthrowing way too far.

Florence watched as everything went in slow motion, the egg flying over George's head and through the bathroom door. Florence jumped to her feet while Fred and George looked at each other, fear plastered on their faces.

Florence ran into the bathroom, Fred and George right behind her. Florence stared in confusion at the egg, which was now sitting in the toilet. The egg had opened and a golden light was shining all over the bathroom. Fred and George also looked at the egg, confused.

"You guys are idiots. Brilliant idiots, but none the less still idiots" Florence spoke, a little impressed with the boys.

A/n: okay, I know in the real books Fleur placed last in the first task but I think that's bullshit. Fleur is one of only champions who doesn't get injured in the task, all the real dragon eggs were intact. Was possibly the second fastest, it doesn't at least say. She was uninjured. Her spell worked. And she completed the task. J.K Rowling did Fleur dirty, I refuse to do Fleur dirty in my story. REFUSE YOU HEAR ME. Okay thanks for listening. Sorry for the short chapter btw.