Chapter 5: Humbling a Fire Chicken

Koneko slept in Ryu's room on the other side of the bed. That's when Ryu immediately shot out yelling.

Ryu: WHO THE HELL WAS MAKING JOJO'S REFERENCES WHEN I'M NOT AROUND?!!

Koneko woke looking around.

Koneko: What's going on?

Ryu: Someone besides me was breaking the- Huh? Neko? What are you doing in my room?

Koneko: Oh uhhhh-

Ryu: And why's there an unopened letter on my desk?

Koneko: 'I should have thought about the consequences before I read it- And he's reading my mind isn't he?'

Ryu: You learn fast. Don't worry I don't really care if you read it? What's actually in it?

Koneko: I really shouldn't say myself...

Ryu: Okaaaaay... That's really not reassuring.

He took the letter and opened it up. His eyes widened reading it. Soon after he finished reading it tears weld up in his eyes and began to fall down his cheeks.

Ryu: The person who wrote this is... My Mother?

He dropped to his knees unable to stand up straight. Koneko seeing this immediately hugged him close to her.

Koneko: I know it's hard. It's okay to cry. I'm right here.

Ryu began to slowly sob from the comfort Koneko gave him. He continued crying for another 5 minutes with Koneko not letting her grip on him waver at all.

Ryu: 'Tiamat, did you really know all along?'

Tiamat: I'm sorry Ryu. She made me swear not to say anything before you were ready. She didn't want you to look for revenge for the rest of you're life.

Ryu knowing said logic stood up.

Koneko: Are you okay now?

He answered by kissing Koneko. She blushed a bright pink before kissing him back. They pulled apart with Ryu barely able to breathe.

Ryu: ...Thank you so much, Koneko...

She smiled and hurried her head into his torso- or abs since Koneko is 4'6 and Ryu is 6'2.

TIME SKIP!!

For the rest of the day they skipped school since Ryu was barely recovering from the shock of knowing his mother was alive. Though he recover relatively quickly in 5 minutes as they played Smash Bros.

Ryu: Ahhh, God I love video game therapy.

Koneko: You sure recovered quick.

Ryu: Oh no I'm still thinking about a lot more things. Mainly who my dad is. But anyway we should probably get to the club.

He held out his hand and created a teleportation circle.

Koneko: Since when could you do that?

Ryu: Always.

They walked in as Koneko held his hand doing so. They teleported into the ORC clubhouse with Ryu about to scream a phrase that may be iconic to him.

Ryu: WHAT UP SUCKERS?!!!

Everyone was surprised by his sudden entrance.

Rias: Ryu? Koneko?

Ryu: No it's Jack Frost and Santa Clause.

???: My darling, who is the other of the two that have just been summoned.

Ryu looked to see Riser Phenex sitting beside Rias. Standing at the desk was Grayfia.