i want your attention

a/n : recently i've been getting more into dreambur so expect a bunch more dreambur oneshots from yours truly

2217 words (minus authors note)
short!wilbur x dream (dreambur)

——

clay was known to get what wanted even if he didn't deserve it. he got any date he desired and got along with most people.

the people he didn't get along with were the ones unaffected by mister dreamy boy's charm.

techno was like clay's rival, he was popular and smart in things both alike and far from what clay excelled at. the dirty blond had a feeling the two would be friends if techno didn't look at him like he wanted to kill him, clay didn't know what he did to get on techno's bad side but it seemed like he couldn't fix it.

tommy was in year nine and dream was in year twelve yet he somehow managed to do something that made the thirteenth year old despise him. he assumed techno had something to with it considering they were brothers and all.

toby was in the same grade as tommy, being older by not a lot. the fourteen year old was caught staring at clay with the look of judgement as if he knew every single wrong thing the blond has done. he didn't make his dislike for clay obvious but if you payed enough attention you could tell.

then there was wilbur, who had a confusing opinion on clay that he couldn't understand even if he tried. the brunette at first didn't pay much attention to clay but then after the blond had seen wilbur talking to george he made sure to point out one thing that he hasn't let wilbur forget.

"i thought george was the shortest sophomore what you doing being an inch shorter?" clay teased as placed his arms on wilbur's shoulder. the brunette tensed and let out a noise of annoyance that followed with him fiddling with his oversized sleeves.

"..shut up" wilbur muttered as he shoved or well more so struggled to move clay's arms. a couple minutes were lost with clay teasing wilbur for struggling and being short. clay's first actual interaction with wilbur was stopped by george glaring at clay before apologising to wil about clay's teasing. soon afterwards george dragged the golden eyed boy away from clay.

after that clay would repeatedly tease wilbur for his height and for doing absolutely anything. the teasing continued from year eleven to year twelve. sometimes clay took the teasing to far which made wilbur cry but he never stopped teasing the boy.

a lot of people were jealous that clay gave wil most of his attention and the others didn't like anything clay was doing at this point. wilbur however never stated how he felt about it.

"dweamy poo~" nick cooed into clay's ear which earned a shudder from the dirty blond. "jesus christ- give me a warning next time will you?" nick
laughed and scooted away, giving clay his personal space again.

"if i did it wouldn't be funny" the black haired boy simply stated with a shrug and a smirk. "no one's laughing cracker" clay said with a slight smile until his smile dropped when nick pointed at george who was trying not to laugh.

"dammit george!" clay huffed out in disappointment which caused george to burst out laughing. "s-sor.. sorry" the brunette said struggling to speak with the amount of giggles that came out.

"it's no fair he simps for you" the blond crossed his arms and stuck his tongue out like an annoyed child, speaking of childs, a large yell was heard by all three boys. they all turned their heads to were the noise came from only to see a sight they didn't expect,

tommy and toby were screaming, one screaming in lowercase and one in caps lock. they looked like they were being chased in a circle by techno who was holding an empty juice box while wilbur looked calm and strummed a guitar while repeatedly singing "toby and tommy are gonna fucking die" with a smile.