golden heart

1373 words
piglin!wilbur x george

——

the nether was boring to wilbur. he'd spent his whole life there, wasting away in the place he heard humans called hell. the place was red, orange and sometimes a dark crimson. for most of his life wilbur spent his days walking around the nether wastes and talking to the ghast who would fly by. blazes were normally easier to talk to than ghasts though, the big fellows normally couldn't even hear wilbur when he tried to talk to them but the blazes would fly up next to him to have a chat about anything they could think of.

at some point a piglin brute seemingly adopted wilbur, finding the pinkette when he was sitting in lava while talking with a blaze with the name jack. the piglin brute sorta just pulled him away by the collar of wilbur's wore and torn brown shirt. wil later learned that he was named techno, who lived in a fucking bastion and that fact simply amazed wilbur so he willingly got to said bastion and accepting it as home. it was the oddest adoption the pinkette had experienced but he wasn't adopted before techno came along so he couldn't say much.

in the bastion wilbur was given better clothing, with gold trim and accessories. along with a gold sword that wilbur held proudly even if he wasn't much of a natural fighter compared to the other piglins and especially compared to techno. whenever wilbur would go out to wander the nether wastes he'd be forced to wear a golden helmet and boots by the orders of technoblade himself.

then one day when wilbur was on his daily wander he saw him. a brunet, he was much shorter than wilbur but humans normally were. he wore iron armour that had damage to it but still seemingly worked, golden boots that seemed freshly crafted and he held a shield and an iron sword. now wilbur couldn't just walk over to the human with a pretty face, even if he knew they normally didn't kill piglins he was still afraid knowing they kill other mobs like ghasts, blazes and endermen.

plus wilbur didn't know how to speak any human language.

so how'd he attempt to flirt with a human? the fucker threw gold at him and hid.

when he next saw the human, the brunet had small scars on his face and hands. he was also accompanied by a stranger with golden hair. wilbur would've thrown gold at them like he did before but the golden haired human walked over to him and handed him some gold. unexpected but now wil felt attached to two humans that he had never spoken to or even learnt their names. the gold gift made the pinkette grin then search his pockets for anything he could give in return, i mean he had to give something back didn't he? it was a kind thing to do and perhaps he could learn their names.

he gave the golden hair human crying obsidian, he beloved the block to be just as beautiful as the humans who stood in front of him. yet the golden haired human seemed disappointed at the gift that entered his scarred hands. wilbur would've loved to explain the gift but he still didn't know how to speak human. the two humans started speaking amongst each other, leaving wilbur to simply tilt his head in confusion at the two. then the brunet walked up to the golden haired one and handed more gold, how kind!

the interaction ended with wilbur gaining tons of gold and with him gifting the two humans several things. both of them looked disappointed while wilbur smiled gleefully, perhaps he didn't give them the right gift but he didn't know what else to give them. whilst the two humans talked to each other wilbur searched his pockets for anything that was rare or something that humans could enjoy, his hands found ender pearls that a strange enderman handed him once.

it'd be rude to give away, wilbur thought before looking at the humans once again but it'd be rude to leave them upset.. the pinkette frowned before handing the two humans six ender pearls. for a moment they just stared at him confused, maybe he wasn't meant to give them anything unless they gave him something in return- maybe it was awkward in the human realm to do so- maybe-

"thanks" the golden haired one spoke in piglin with a cocky grin and wink.

"hOLY SHIT-" wilbur shouted in surprise before covering his mouth and sheepishly staring at the two.

the brunet turned to the taller and said something with an annoyed looked. the golden haired human just laughed and starting saying stuff with a grin whilst the shorter glared. the two ended up arguing and being distracted in their words to not notice that wil was dragged away from them.

hot human hot human- repeated in wilbur's mind as he was dragged back home by the collar.

"shut up clayton, he's gone" the brunet frowned as he looked at the spot the human looking piglin once stood. george remembered the piglin from the last time he came to the nether, scruffy pink hair poking out from a chuck of netherack after a gold ingot just came flying towards him. the pinkette was most definitely the strangest piglin george had ever met but that just gave him more reason to try to talk to him.

"when'd he leave?" clay asked while looking at nothing.

"i don't maybe he left.. AFTER YOU SCARED HIM HALF TO DEATH!" george shouted in frustration.

"he was surprised not scared" the blond corrected with a shit eating grin, earning a glare from the shorter male.

"you can find your pig boyfriend the next time we come to the nether george" clay snickered at the end of the sentence but his words were surprisingly genuine.

"fine.." george huffed out and started walking back to the nether portal, following the cobblestone trail.

"wil, i love you but shut up" techno abruptly said, cutting wilbur's ongoing ramble about the brunet short. the piglin hybrid just stared at him with a face happy that techno loves him but one also offended because his brother-dad-thing just told him to shut up.

"but he was really pretty!" wilbur cried out with a pout.

the piglin brute groaned before closing his book and facing wilbur. "if i teach you english will you let me read?" the pinkette sighed with slight annoyance and desperation in his voice but that was buried underneath his overall monotone voice. the offer earned a fast and excited nod from the other though.

techno almost regretted even offering due to how clear teaching a whole new language would be but then he saw the pure joy glistening in wilbur's eyes and a large smile on his face. he didn't regret it as much as he would've anymore.

the fucker spent the rest of the day teaching wilbur english as best as he could, he also had jack help with the teaching. the pinkette had to pray that the humans he met spoke english otherwise- yeah let's just hope.

"remember, if he breaks your heart.. kill him and if you can't do it, i will." techno said with the smallest smile.

"okay, thanks!" wilbur waved and then ran off to the spot he'd see the human regularly.

fortunately he saw the brunet sitting on a chuck of netherack staring at the lava.

"hi!" he shouted out in english, picking up the accent jack had.

"holy- piglin?" the brunet looked over at wilbur with a confused look in his eyes. did the voice come from him or am i going mad- george thought before getting ed snapped back into reality by the piglin hybrid sitting next to him, shoulders touching just barely.

"you can speak english?"

"sorta?" wilbur just looked at him with nervous yet kind smile.

"well then.. my name's george" his tone was calm and you could hear the smile.

"gogy!" the pinkette grinned proudly as george just giggled.

"what's your name?"

the pinkette stared blankly at the ground before saying "wilbur" with an even more nervous grin.

"i like it"

"i like you"