hanahaki

642 words
wilbur x george

——

"he hates me"

"noo he doesn't!"

"niki.. if he liked me i wouldn't be vomiting flowers all the time"

blue. he liked blue. it was the colour he could see the best. wil remembered the times where george always stole his oversized blue jacket. he always complained when george stole it but truthfully he didn't mind. the shorter brunette was the reason wilbur wore that dumb blue jacket over a white jumper all the time.

in george's eyes blue was wil's colour.

who knew that one day he'd like purple more.

george would gush about her all the time. how he loved her smile, her laugh, her personality and well everything about her. he adored purple. he loved the lilacs he'd see in the park, he created some flower crowns out of them and gave it to her. he said it matched her. well it also matched him. while they were all lovey dovey wilbur was coughing up a lilac storm, he'd grown to hate the once beautiful flower.

"her laugh is like a melody" he'd say being blind to wilbur becoming more dull. he wouldn't wear the dumb blue jacket anymore, he couldn't.

his throat felt dry, his lungs felt sore. seeing the man he loved oh so dearly dancing with the purple women always made his throat feel like it was getting stabbed by dozens of dull knives repeatedly. it felt like he vomited glass. he knew the ways to fix this but he didn't want to do them either. he couldn't tell george but he couldn't remove the feeling.

the disease was like a slow suicide. after accepting your fate and allowing your body to become a garden it was almost fine. you could almost be okay. but there would always be that "what if" thought in the back of your head.

"what if i confessed"
"he'd reject you and you'd die the same"

"what if i got the surgery"
"your friendship would be ruined due to your sudden emotion drop towards him. plus you might just lose your ability to love"

"what if the outcome is different?"
"..."

then something happened. he didn't like purple anymore. george and the purple lady had broken up. both decided it was best. now you'd think this could be a good time to go for it and attempt to cure yourself, right? nope.

after purple he liked green or he said he believed it was green. but there was something about the descriptions of green that made wil feel strange.

"h-she has the fluffiest hair i've seen! it's like a mocha cloud" george said. he described her to have mocha hair that time but said blonde the rest, it felt like a mistake, a slip up. wilbur hoped it meant something and it wasn't just george mixing up colours but his mind was empty and couldn't imagine another possibility.

it felt stupid to not get the surgery, it felt stupid to not confess but wil couldn't ruin george's love life because he wanted the loved by all gogy.

wilbur wore a yellow jumper all the time now. it was his new colour. he had the piss colour to match his crush's piss vision. the flower vomit calmed but still arrived whenever george would talk to him.

niki would help wil clean up the bloody flowers and help wil with george. nobody other than niki knew about wilbur's flower problem.

due to how much the two hung out together a lot now people thought they were a couple. they didn't mind this though. pink was niki's colour and it just so happened to go well with wilbur's yellow.

in george's eyes yellow was wilbur's colour. green is or well who george adores and in george's eyes green looked like yellow. in george's eyes green was also wil's colour.

but wil didn't know that.