i love you like an alcoholic

a/n : bro i adore my own oneshot wtf??

1354 words (minus a/n)
platonic quackity & wilbur
tw :  alcohol

——

'yo wanna get drunk to celebrate being lonely by choice' 6:49pm

'i thought you'd never ask 😻✨' 6:50pm

two drunk fools and one bottle of wine. nothing could go wrong.

"WILBUR!!" a ravenette shouted as he rushed over to the taller brunet, arms open and ready to engulf his friend in a hug. "BIG Q!!" wilbur shouted joy laced in his voice as he hugged alex, lifting the other off the ground with a slight spin. putting the shorter male back onto the ground with a giggle. the scene looked like something you'd see in a disney movie, they both knew that and took pride in it.

"ready to get wasted?" "absolutely" wilbur opened the door to his house and practically dragged alex into his room after closing and locking the front door. the two idiots have been friends for a decent amount of time, becoming friends in their debate class. they ending up meshing well together and stuck with one another only really getting into a proper argument over their shared, now ex boyfriend. technically they had a whole frenemies to friends arc.

their friendship was just them creating dumb chaos out of dumb situations, jokingly flirting, getting drunk, alex using his knowledge of spanish against wilbur and screaming. lots of screaming. originally they didn't expect their friendship to last past college but here they were in their 20s and getting ready to have another night of blissful drinking. they weren't alcoholics, they knew where to draw the line in how much to drink but it did become a joke of sorts of them being off-brand alcoholics.

"did you get the wine" the ravenette asked curiously, excitement clear and his patience wearing thin. he didn't want to be sober right now and he knew damn well that wilbur felt the same way.

"of course i got the wine"

"LET'S GOO"

hiccups and drunk giggles filled the room. the two had chugged down four, five, maybe six? wine glasses. they weren't sure they had stopped counting after two. perhaps they got too excited over drinking wine on valentine's day.

oh right, it's valentine's day and this is a regular thing these two idiots do. it was a tradition for them that was cut short when both got in a relationship with someone. they couldn't have their drunk nights anymore but now they could. apparently their boyfriend's were the same person and he was just a dickhead that played both like a fiddle. at first they didn't go back on having drunk nights due to their ex boyfriend being a raging alcoholic, the beer and wine brought back bad memories.

it's been a good three years since they had broken up with the prick they once called theirs. wine no longer reminded them of him in a way that caused pain. they just laughed about their once painful memories.

"remember when he stumbled around the room with beer in hand and shouted—"

"i'm not drunk!" the two said in sync, giggling a little too hard at something that was once terrifying. their ex was an angry drunk but alex and wilbur on the other hand? stupid drunks.