tip of the l'iceburg 2

a/n : part two woo. also wilbur angst oneshot book coming out probably this week if i hurry the fuck up- also did i mention i love ghostbur-

1240 words
tw : slight child neglect , death

——

favouritism was a thing tommy was well aware of. he could see it clear as day in his family. so he rubbed it in the neglected child's face.

"imagine having to walk home. couldn't be me" tommy said with a cocky tone. wilbur was used to tommy making jokes about the obvious favourites their father had. so the older simply continued making his way to his speech therapist.

"hey i'm talking to you! it's quite rude to ignore your brother like that wilby!" tommy said his cocky attitude starting to slip as he ran after wilbur.

"tommy dad's gonna be waiting for you in the car you should go" the brunette said without making eye contact with his younger brother. "yeah but-" "tommy i don't want you to get in another lecture about being late to the car, i know you hate those"

wilbur looked at tommy and by the look of the brunette's eyes he was being genuine. "but what about you?" the younger asked a bit louder than intended.

"he doesn't take me home, now shoo" wilbur gave tommy a light shove before continuing walking.

tommy stared at his older brother leaving. hesitating to leave him alone. he soon scoffed and made his way to the car.

before entering the car tommy spotted techno waiting for him. the blond ran over to the oldest. "how's wilbur..?" techno asked once tommy got close enough so the two could whisper.

"he's still refusing to come to the car" tommy huffed out. the two brothers had been trying to get wilbur to come in the car so their dad could drive him to therapy. in their eyes it was faster and they didn't see the harm to it.

"tommy do you think that dad hates wil?" the pinkette asked twirling his epee in his hand. "well dad bought him a guitar and pays for his speech therapy so he probably doesn't hate wilby"

truthfully tommy wasn't quite sure of phil's opinion on wilbur. he wanted to believe he didn't hate wilbur since he was such a loving father to him and techno. yet it seemed out of character for their father to think of wilbur as anything besides the middle child.

"shhouldd we ask?" techno said with a head tilt, dragging on the word should. "no i'm sure it's fine" tommy responded almost instantly.

then the two brothers went inside the car.

a loud noise was heard. it woke tommy up. the child yawned annoyed. "the frick was that.." he mumbled.

he quietly go up and peeked his head out the door and looked around before his eyes landing on what looked like phil and wilbur. tommy's eyes widened as he watched phil seem so disappointed with wilbur.

"you probably woke up your brothers.. tommy needs his rest and techno needs to make it to his fencing class i've told you this."

he watched his dad walk to techno's room. he heard the door shut then looked back at wilbur. he saw his older brother slowly pick up his now broken guitar. the brunette tried to put it back together before giving up.

tommy saw the panic grow on wilbur's face. he watched as wilbur started to cry while hugging the broken guitar. he felt guilty for all the jokes he made about wilbur not being loved as much as he was. he didn't know what do to.

he couldn't comfort wilbur..

he didn't know how..

wilbur meant a lot to tommy.

techno watched phil leave his room. phil had come in after a loud noise was heard. phil had apologised to techno and said

"wilbur dropped something, sorry it woke you up bud. now go back to sleep you have fencing class in the morning"

his dad kissed his forehead and left the room. presumably going to tommy's room. techno knew that he wasn't gonna sleep so he quietly poked his head out the door and looked around for wilbur.
he saw wilbur's door shut and quietly tip-toed his way to wilbur's room.

he opened the door and went in. he looked over and saw a sobbing wilbur.
"t-techno..?" the brunette stuttered out. "what happened?" techno asked quietly, walking over to sit next to wilbur.

"i t-tried to show.. d-dad a song..
one that i m-made.." wilbur sobbed out. techno opened his arms to the younger which wilbur quickly held onto. "m-my guitar.. br-broke.." he stuttered out sobbing on techno's shoulder.

the pinkette looked over at the ground and saw a guitar that was spilt in half with some strings broken. techno felt pity for the his younger brother. he knew how much the guitar meant to him, wilbur said it was his only comfort. "i'll fix it"

"y-you.." wilbur wiped his tears and attempted to calm down. "..you will?" wilbur asked in disbelief. "yep. i know it means a lot to you so-" wilbur cut techno off with the hug tightening. techno hugged wilbur back while ruffling his brown hair.

after seeing wilbur walk away from their dad while he was praising techno all that long ago he started to notice wil's behaviour. he started to be more protective of his younger brother

wilbur meant a lot to techno.

the button was pressed.
wilbur pressed the button.

techno watched as l'manburg turned into rubble. he smiled slightly. he only came here to help wilbur and maybe tommy. he felt like he succeeded.

tommy watched l'manburg blow up in horror. he was stuck in shock only finding himself moving after a minute. he didn't want to believe wilbur did this. he wouldn't..

then it happened.

both brothers looked at the open spot in the mountain where wilbur and phil stood. wilbur seemed to be broken, like he snapped in half. "w-wilbur..?" tommy stuttered in disbelief. techno simply stared blankly.

the siblings watched as phil pressed a sword into wilbur. techno felt his grip on his crossbow tighten and tommy stared still in disbelief, "p-phil?!" he yelled.

they watched as wilbur dropped to ground and died. then phil started yelling about techno being a traitor. he seemed unlike himself he seemed out of it, this was truthfully the only proof techno and tommy had that wilbur wasn't just a middle child to phil.

wilbur was a ghost.

he haunted phil since he believed that his dad did him a favour. it did suck that he bonded with his dad while lacking a lot of his memories from his life but at least they were finally bonding.

phil did feel guilty about killing his son. he felt guilty about neglecting wilbur in the past. so he made sure to make up the time he lacked with wilbur now.

phil would tell wilbur stories of his adventures in the past. wilbur seemed to find a way to make a death joke from all of them but he could tell wilbur liked the stories. in one story phil brought up ant eaters and wilbur started rambling about ant eaters.

he wasn't proud of what his son became but he couldn't be mad at his son. he could see where he was coming from even though now wilbur doesn't even know where he was coming from.

wilbur was a leader. he seemed to inspire tommy to become a stronger person, he seemed to inspire many people somehow.

and..

he was proud of wilbur for that.