Chapter 28

[Hatsuse Izuna, please]

(Y/N) Pov:

I looked around in the old-styled hall. My eyes were shining brightly as I kept on turning my head. "You really like the style of this building that much?" asked Sora, taking my hand in his. I blushed slightly at his actions, but nodded none the less. "I do. I mean, it looks so cool!" He chuckled, saying: "You'd love it in our world, then." I tilted my head slightly, asking: "Does everything there look like this?" "Not anymore. But it used to." "I wanna go there!" Sora only chuckled again, patting my head a bit. He then turned to Jibril. "Hey, Jibril..." "Yes?" "Do you know what that is?" We looked up at the window-looking thing that was in front of us. Jibril answered: "I presume it's an image projector of some sorts, though the Werebeasts should be incapable of using magic... I-It piques my curiosity!" Jibril started to drool as we continued our way. We stepped into an elevator, as I know from the countless books I've read on the tablet. Once we were in, it started to go up. Steph was afraid, saying: "Th-The floor is moving!" While my eyes sparkled again. "So cool!" I said, clinging onto Sora. He smiled at me, saying: "It's an elevator." "So I guessed right, after all." I said, returning the smile. "But I must say, Sora-dono, would you be so kind as to schedule an appointment through the proper channels the next time you plan to visit?" asked Ino. "Given the recent past, some of us still harbor quite a bit of animosity toward Elkia, you see. Without enough time to prepare for your arrival, you may encounter some rude beha-" Jibril cut him off by saying: "It seems dogs will be dogs, no matter whether they talk or walk." I sweat dropped at her. She was floating upside down, smirking at Ino. "(Y/N), what's he talking about?" asked Sora. I thought for a second before answering: "Probably the remodelling wars. I think I heard something about Elkia building an even bigger castle than this one." "Hm, so that'd be where we're living now." I nodded. Steph said: "In response, the Eastern Union continued to remodel, as if to spite us. But construction is one of the many fields the Eastern Union is ahead of us in." "Even if that weren't the case, the very idea of the fourteenth-ranked Werebeasts looking down on the sixteenth-ranked Imanitians is similar to... Oh, I've got just the phrase. 'The pot calling the kettle black'." said Jibril quickly. Ino laughed a bit, saying: "Well put. And I must say, hearing it from a member of the sixth-ranked race DOES hit a nerve. Though looking at the overall situation, a defective weapon serving some hairless monkeys would be the pot in that idiom, wouldn't it?" They kept on bickering with each other back and fourth. "Say, what's with all the hostility between races in this world?" asked Sora. I shrugged, turning to face Steph, who said: "There's bound to be some bad blood left given that the war dragged on forever and only ended because of the Ten Covenants." Then, the door opened and we stepped out of the elevator.

Jibril and Ino were laughing, while the rest of us were sighing. We walked a bit further into the tower. Ino said: "Now then, please wait here." We did so, with me admiring our surroundings. "It looks so beautiful!" I said, my eyes twinkling. "You can really see that their culture is significantly more sophisticated than ours." noted Steph. Jibril asked: "By the way, Master, how did you manage to contact the Werebeasts?" Sora replied: "We didn't touch that subject, so take the hint." "My apologies. But unlike those mind-reading beasts, I'm curious!" And with that, Jibril was drooling again. Sora sighed before pulling the phone out, showing her the video he made from Ino. "Oh? So this means you couldn't actually see him? Yet working off the assumption he could see you, you gestured to him. In other words..." stated Jibril. Steph finished: "You used a bluff on someone who can supposedly read minds?" "Pardon the wait." said Ino's low voice, making us all look at the person that was entering now. "This is our country's Elkian ambassador... Hatsuse Izuna." But that's... a child. One of the cutest one's I've ever seen! But..."King Crimson!" screamed Shiro and Sora at the same time, making me shriek. They both immediately went to pat Izuna, Sora saying: "O lovely animal girl. Want to play with your new big brother? Don't be scared. I'm just a bit shady." I caught myself pouting at their actions. Really? I'm getting jealous because they're patting a child? Just then, Izuna spoke. "Could you tell me why in the blazes you're touching me, please?" The siblings immediately jumped back, hiding behind me. Shiro muttered: "Minus fifty cuteness points." while hugging my waist. Sora was hugging me by my shoulders, shaking. I put a hand on Shiro's head, watching as Izuna said: "Did I say you can stop, please? You caught me off-guard doing that so suddenly. Get back to it, please." Wait, wait, wait... I said: "Uhm, saying polite words doesn't make your speech nice, you know..." "R-Really, please?" Ino walked up behind her, saying: "Please don't think ill of her. My granddaughter is still rather unaccustomed to speaking in Imanitese, you see. And also..." He suddenly started getting louder as he said: "Who are you hairless monkeys to touch my cute granddaughter?! I'll beat the shit out of you!" Then, all calm again: "I'll have to ask you to refrain from actions which would make me say that." I hugged Sora's arm, saying: "Scary old man..." Sora said: "Now I see, Gramps. It's all your fault, isn't it?" I nodded, saying: "It is." Shiro said: "I don't like this guy. Minus one thousand points." In the next second, both of them were back to petting Izuna. I pouted once more as Shiro said: "But Izuna-tan's conflicting speech earns her one thousand and fifty cuteness points." Izuna, clearly enjoying the attention, said: "You might be hairless monkeys, but you're better than Gramps. Continue, please." "Well, why don't we stop with all the monkey talk?" suggested Sora. "I'm Sora and she's my little sister, Shiro. And over there is (Y/N), my girlfriend." I dropped the pout and smiled as he said that, saying: "Nice to meet you, Izuna." Shiro said: "Let's get along, Izuna-tan." "Understood. Sora, Shiro, (Y/N), please." She then eyed me, tilting her head. "Uhm, what's wrong, Izuna?" I asked, a bit worried. I mean, she is super cute, so... "Nothing, please."