9-Winning Without Fighting

[𝕎𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕎𝕚𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝔽𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘]

⤞(Y/N) Pov⤝

"Wh-What's with this fervor?" asked Clammy, shocked. I grinned, saying: "Proud Knights, Bishops, Rooks, display skills that befit your prestigious titles! Bolster the Pawns efforts!" "That's... Impossible!" claimed Clammy, her hands now resting on her cheeks.

Sora asked: "You'd think, right?" in a cocky tone. I accusingly pointed a finger at her, saying: "You're using Elf Magic to make your pieces dance to your tune, after all." "Afterwards, you'll chalk it all up to your charisma, of course. It really is the perfect way to cheat undetected. But you made one big mistake." noted Sora, chuckling. "What?" asked Clammy, her eyes wide.

Taking this opportunity to be dramatic, Sora began: "Throughout all of history, it's been proven again and again that only a fool would force his men into battle. Above all, people only truly fight for what is right. And only one thing is undeniably right in this world!" "Only one thing?" "The only universal justice in this world... is... cuteness!" he said as he pointed at Shiro.

I lifted her up, as to further deepen his point, while he said: "Cute makes right. A man's needs, lust, and instinct seek cuteness, which outshines all other motivations! That's what all men boil down to!" "This... This can't be..." She seemed to think as I put Shiro back on my lap.

Suddenly, she yelled: "King to E6!" It moved there and activated something. I immediately felt a change in her pieces. "Sora, a change!" I called, feeling her glare on me, but I simply ignored it. "What's different?" asked Sora. I shook my head, concentrating on the magic in the room, saying: "I'm... not sure..."

Then, a Knight attacked a Pawn, but the Pawn blocked the attack. "Wh-What's that Pawn doing?!" asked Steph. The pieces... "They're changing sides with only a touch..." I whispered.

Sora heard me, quickly commanding the pieces. "Retreat! All units, retreat! The enemy is using brainwashing!" "Wh-What's going on?" asked Steph, utterly confused at what was happening. "Don't engage the enemy! Retreat quickly!" I yelled, watching as our troops did so. "Retreat!" Clammy yelled: "Now, all forces, advance!" Shit!

Out of the corners of my eyes, I noticed that Sora was about to lose it. This is... quite bad, actually. "Nii." said Shiro, worrying about her brother. I put her next to me on the railing before getting down, standing in front of Sora.

I need to help him! I need to...

⤞Sora Pov⤝

I screwed up. I screwed up. I screwed up. I screwed up. I screwed up.

I completely screwed up.

Why? Why didn't I think another step ahead?

Before I knew it, someone was in front of me. She was a blushing mess and whispered: "It's okay. We'll manage." I felt myself blushing, too, and without thinking, pulled her closer to me, kissing her in the process. She returned it and put her arms around my neck. I held her waist and closed my eyes. Shortly after that, we pulled away because of the lack of air.

"Take the enemy King's head, Queen." said Clammy, catching my attention. I let go of (Y/N) and started to run down the stairs. "This is... checkmate." finished Clammy. This is gonna be a close one...!

Right before her Queen attacked, I jumped in front of our King, yelling: "Queen!" S-So close... "Sora?!" asked Steph, gasping at my sudden interference. I got down on one knee, saying: "O Queen, please lay down your sword. You are... beautiful!" "What?!" asked the others, making me almost flinch. Almost.

But I continued: "Queen, I beseech you to reconsider. Is your King truly worthy of your service? He brainwashed his soldiers! He's a boor who only knows violence and injustice. Is a King who forces you to fight in his stead truly deserving of your sword and loyalty? I beseech you to reconsider! Who do you fight for? What should you be protecting?!"

She dropped her sword, her color changing from black to white. I chuckled, noting: "There are not many games I'm better at than my sister, but Dating Sims sure are among them."

⤞(Y/N) Pov⤝

I touched my lips as I watched him make the enemy Queen change sides. That was... my... my first kiss! My blush got even worse as the game continued. "He made the enemy Queen turn sides! The tables have turned!" called Steph, celebrating. I smiled lightly, concentrating back to the game.

Shiro noted: "No. The enemy's Magic takes immediate effect upon contact. Gaining a single piece doesn't change our situation." "No way!" Suddenly, someone took my hand. I turned my head and made eye contact with Sora. I immediately started to blush again, but I knew he was out of strategies, so I pushed all of those thoughts away for now.

Shiro noticed, too, and took his other hand in hers. Smiling subtly, she stated: "The three of us are Blank together. It's okay." She then took a photo of the game using the phone. Clammy, taken back by our will to fight, said: "Knight! Cut down the traitorous Queen!"

"She took the bait." said Sora and Shiro at the same time, grinning.

"Now it's my turn." I replied with a smirk on my lips.

"Knight, what's wrong?" asked Clammy, almost gasping. The Knight got down on his knees, changing his color, too. "Shiro, take control of the troops. Can you keep them away from the enemy?" I asked, cracking my knuckles. "Piece of cake!" she said as she stood on the railing. "Perfect."

Steph, not getting any of this, asked: "What's your plan?" Sora kept his eyes on the game, answering: "You know what, Steph? There's more than one way to win a game. We can win even if we don't fight!" "What have you done?" asked Clammy, now getting mad. "To be so cruel as to send a retainer to slay his Queen... And to lay bare your anger for your people to see... For shame!" I said, having to keep a serious expression.

Sora, joining in on the fun I had, said: "O Queen, I could not bear to ask of either you or the Knights who so nobly lowered their arms for you to point blades at former comrades. However, there is no doubt left in my heart: Your King has succumbed to madness!"

I continued our little game by saying: "I believe you alone have the strength to lead your people to freedom from his tyranny. Don't you agree?!" "O Queen, please pass judgement." The Queen, as expected, changed colors from white to red.

Smirking, I said: "You don't disappoint, and for that, you have my utmost respect, brave Queen! And you, virtuous soldiers who've overcome the brainwashing to remain loyal to your Queen, you will be the ones to overthrow the mad King!"

"Couldn't have said it better." noted Sora, chuckling. "What can I say, it's fun." I replied, glancing up at him. Gasping, Steph asked: "Is this what I think it is?" Shiro answered her: "A revolt. The appearance of a third side." "So that's what they were after?"

Sora tightened his grip on my hand and said: "Like I said, we're gonna win without fighting."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.peakpx.com/en/hd-wallpaper-desktop-gurez

Edited ☑