Chapter 12

[I meant it]

(Y/N) Pov:

"A-Are you out of your friggin' minds?!" screamed Steph at us. Sora asked: "Just how hysterical can you get? Gross." "Steph's creepy." said Shiro, taking my hand and starting to walk away. Steph said: "How could I be calm?! Declaring all-out war... Are you trying to ruin this country?!" I sighed, turning around and saying: "I told you not to take things as they might sound. I mean, how would the other races see our victory over the Elves?" Shiro said: "They'd conclude we're being assisted by a race even stronger than the Elves." "You have a point..." "In other words, until they figure out who is backing Elkia..." said Sora. "They can't attack us?" "Exactly." I answered her. Sora said: "This will spread confusion among the other races, keeping them from moving against us." "Our declaration of war is taking that to the extreme." said Shiro. I said: "We'll just sit back and save our energy. Well, that's the plan at least..." I smiled awkwardly as the three of us turned and walked away.

Back at the room:

(Y/N) Pov:

"We've gone from a tiny gaming room to a shoddy inn, then Stephs room, and finally the royal chambers. This might be the least cozy place yet." said Sora, making me lay onto my stomach. I asked: "Gaming... room?" He glanced at me and said: "Yeah. It's were we used to live. We had a few computer, desktops, consoles, and many other things. They didn't get into this world, tough." I nodded lightly, putting the portable console down. "Beat it." I said, standing up and walking to the window. I opened it and was immediately met with a smaller breeze.

Sora Pov:

I couldn't keep my eyes off her as she opened the window. A light breeze caused her (h/l), (h/c) hair to move around. Beautiful. No other word came to my mind at that sight. She then said: "Sora, about the game of chess..." I knew what she was talking about and got a bit red. "What about it?" I asked, trying not to sound flushed. She turned around, her cheeks flushed by a bright red. "Do you... You know... Did you... Think it was... Uhm... I-I can't do it!" she said, rushing out of the room. "(N/N), wait!" I called after her, but she already closed the door behind her. "You even made (N/N) leave. And she's a member of blank." said Shiro, still reading that book. I sighed, setting her down next to me. "I'll go find her." Just as I opened the door, she said: "Don't say something stupid, Nii." I left the room open and went to search for (Y/N). I think I might know where she is. I walked towards the library, slowly opening the door. "(Y/N)? I know you're in here." I said, stepping in. "L-Leave me alone." I heard her say from behind a book shelve. "So I was right after all. You like this place, don't you?" I chuckled a bit. As I turned the corner to look at her, she threw a book at me, saying: "Catch." I was able to dodge it and picked it up from the floor. "Don't throw books at me like that. You nearly hit me..." I sweatdropped. She smiled a bit, making my heart beat quicker. "What you said earlier... What did you mean?" I asked. She looked at me and her cheeks flushed red again. "N-Nothing! Just forget what I said!" "But what DID you say?" "Nothing!" I crossed my arms, saying: "Tell me." "No can do." "Well, if you're going to be like that..." I trailed off at the end of my sentence and walked up to her. She stood up and looked up at me, since she's smaller than me. I smirked, putting my hands next to her head. She asked: "What are you d-doing...?" in a shy tone. So cute... I leaned a bit closer, asking: "Mind telling me now?" She shook her head, looking away from me. I said: "I think you tried to ask me..." She shut her eyes, completely avoiding eye contact. "If I meant it." I finished, leaning in completely. I, too, closed my eyes feeling her warm lips on mine. She was clearly surprised, but didn't stop me from kissing her. As I pulled away, I looked at her gorgeous face. "Which I do. I meant it." I said, locking eyes with her. She then smiled a little and hugged me, saying: "I... I..." I had to smile myself as I put my arms around her. "Say, what were you searching in here anyways?" I asked. She said: "A book about my clan." I looked into her (e/c) eyes and asked: "Found it?" Her smile grew as she hugged me tighter, burying her face in my chest. "Yes! I'm finally able to learn more about them!" I stopped holding my breath, which I didn't realize I did, and said: "Now, we only have to..." I kissed her again, feeling my face heating up again. "Way to go, Nii! I knew you could do it." said Shiro suddenly, making me turn my head. I asked: "Ho-How long have you been there?!" She gave me a thumbs up and said: "This whole time." "A-Are you forreal?!" asked Steph, completely freaking out. (Y/N) looked at them and said: "I-I found the book I came here for... We can go back into the chamber now." in a hushed voice. Her face was still tainted red, but she took my hand and walked back into our room. Steph brought us some snacks and Shiro and (N/N) went to read, while I played a game on our console. Shiro sat on my lap while (N/N) put her head on it. I smiled a little, looking at her. She was so concentrated that she didn't hear Shiro saying: "The Flügel." I looked at the book she held, realizing she read a race out loud. I, too, read some of it. "They're blessed with an exceptionally long lifespan and a high affinity for magic. The Flügel reside on the giant Phantasma Avantheim, which soars in the skies." "Their great thirst for knowledge drives them to play games for books throughout the world." "Maybe they have one of my families Grimoire." said (N/N), looking up at us. "That'd be great." I said: "I get a feeling we might bring them to our side. We could bait them with information about our universe." "That's-" said (N/N), sitting up. Suddenly, the atmosphere changed. "Wh-What in the world?" asked Steph. "Nii." said Shiro. The person visiting us finally showed himself, saying: "Looks like it's getting exciting around here."