Chapter 16

[Animal girls!]

(Y/N) Pov:

"T-Too many people!" said Sora, shaking violently. Shiro, too, was a shaking mess. "Sh-Shiro, don't let go no matter what!" "Y-You neither." They took a few steps back, walking into Steph. She asked: "Weren't you the ones who wanted to come to the city?" "W-We have business here." said Sora. He's kinda cute when he's like that... I shook my head, feeling the blood rush into my cheeks. W-Whatever! Sora asked: "Say, aren't people looking at us kinda funny?" "That's because... you forced me to wear these ridiculous accessories!" answered Steph, glaring at the two of them. "Couldn't you have asked for something more reasonable?!" "Steph, shake." said Shiro. Steph did so. "Wha... I can't resist!" "That's the rule. In accordance with the covenants, you're our pet dog for the day." I put a hand on Shiro's head, saying: "You actually sound pretty scary like that..." Sora finally got up from the ground, saying: "Well, that getup is bound to get some attention, but they're looking a little bit afraid, don't they?" I nodded, answering: "Yeah, but that's because we're walking around with Steph dressed like a Werebeast." "Wait, you're telling me Werebeasts look like that?" asked Sora, grabbing me by my shoulders. "Y-Yes?" He then got his phone out and searched through it. "Ranked fourteenth among the Exceed. 'Their combined territory makes up the world's third largest nation, the Eastern Confederation. Werebeasts themselves have remarkable physical traits and keen senses, including a sixth sense that allegedly allows them to read minds.' In other words, the Eastern Confederation is... some sorta heaven with nothing but hot animal girls?!" "No, there are men and elderly too." said Steph quickly. "Okay, that's it! That Arcadia is mine!" yelled Sora, raising his fist in the air. "We're going to conquer the animal girls! Right... now." So he likes animal girls...? With much hesitation, I turned around, walking a few steps into a store I knew. I pointed at something and said: "I'll lend that real quick." The man only nodded, handing me the item. My face was beat red as I held it. Steph wears dog ears, and I'll wear... I put them on, not daring to look into the mirror. W-Wait! Why am I doing this?! Not that it matters, since I'm already wearing them. I turned back around, listening to them. "Hu... What?! They rule the world's third largest nation, you know?!" noted Steph. "Silence! As if I'd let you and your fake animal ears stand between me and the real deal! The animal girl kingdom... is calling for me." I lightly pulled on his sleeve, making him snap out of his ideas. As soon as he looked at me, his face reddened up. "(N-(N/N), what are you doing?!" asked Steph, looking at me with a shocked expression. I looked to the ground, mumbling: "Y-You said you like animal girls..." but I think he heard it. "Holy... (Y/N), you're like... super cute right now." muttered Sora. I smiled lightly up at him, not saying anything. He then turned around and threw a coin towards the man, saying: "We'll buy them!" The man nodded again as my head got redder and redder under the cat ears. Sora took my hand, saying: "Now, let's get the rest of those animal girls. Tough they're not as cute anymore as I thought they'd be now." "Nii, before that..." said Shiro, trailing off. "Oh, that's right. Okay, off we go, Sister! Cat-Girlfriend!" G-G-G-G-Girlfriend?! He took Shiro with his other hand, pulling us with him. "Roger." said Shiro. Girlfriend?! "Wait right th-" tried Steph, but Shiro bound her with the leash she had on at something.

Time skip: later on

3rd Person Pov:

"We've got nothing, huh?" asked Sora as he slid down a wall. "This country's weird." said Shiro, handing him a donut. (Y/N) was already happily munching on hers. With the cat ears, it looked really really cute. "It sure is." answered Sora, taking a bit of his own. "This isn't very tasty." "But it's food!" said (Y/N) quickly, earning a light chuckle from Sora. Shiro said: "It seems like there's a shortage of sugar and other commodities." "So Steph's cookies were good because she somehow managed to make do with what she had, huh?" "Found you!" "Oh, Steph, there you are." said (Y/N), taking the last bite of her donut. "What do you mean 'oh', huh? You abandoned me dressed like this in the middle of the city and now you don't even remember?!" she got closer to (Y/N)'s face, tears brimming in her eyes. Shiro said: "Steph, forgive me. Sit." Steph did just that, immediately ranting: "Telling me to forgive you and them forcing me to sit is downright abusive!" She then thought about what game she could play this time, before saying: "(Y/N), this time, I challenge you to a duel." (Y/N) sighed, saying: "Fine. What're we betting?" "Obviously the same thing as this morning. It's for the good of the country! Making you get an RL!" "(Y/N), lose thi-!" started Sora, but was cut off by Shiro, punching him. "Don't lose. No matter what." she said, looking up at (Y/N). She smiled down at her, patting her head. "Of course not. I just really want to play another round." She then turned towards Steph, saying: "If you lose, we can give you one order." "No... my little sister... and my girlfriend..." (Y/N) was a blushing mess as Stephanie said: "Very well. The game will be... guessing whether the nest person to pass by will be male or female!" "Best out of ten." "Asciente!"

After the game:

(Y/N) Pov:

"This makes no sense!" I giggled, putting a hand on my hip. "I won~" Sora said: "Do you really think people are just aimlessly wandering across town?" "Huh?" "(Y/N) made her predictions using the trends I've observed. She used data about this area's employment rate, local businesses, and the sex ratio of people walking the street right now." "I won." I said, still grinning. Though a victory against Steph doesn't feel that good. "A-Are you always so serious about games?" asked Steph. I crossed my arms in front of my chest, saying: "I'm surprised you even ask." "When it comes to games," continued Sora. "We're dead serious." we three finished together. Shiro then said: "On that note. Your panties will be confiscated." Steph made the funniest face I've ever seen on her at that exact moment. I just grinned, hugging Sora's arm. "I want another donut." I said, looking up at him. "Then go get you one." he coldly said. I pouted, asking: "C-Can't you get me one...? Please?" in my most innocent voice. He hesitated for a bit before sighing. Suddenly, he lifted me up. "H-Huh?" "We're both going, you cute cat." he said, making me blush madly.