Chapter 14

Here we go with another chapter of mine!

Thank you all for your support, votes, and comments!

I really enjoy writing this story, even if I take months to update...

But anyways,

Hope you'll enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[Jealousy]

Stephanie Pov:

There was a time when I believed that those three could save Elkia. And yet... Ever since they took the throne, they pushed all their work on me and the cabinet ministers, while playing games day in, day out. Today's the day. "Today's the day I teach you a lesson!" Just as I said that, I opened the door to their 'house'. They were all still sleeping, so I removed the blanket from the window. The sunlight hit the three of them and they immediately covered their eyes. "My eyes! My eyes!" I glared at them as I said: "Rise and shine, you three. It's time to get to work." Sora sat up and asked: "How can this be? This was supposed to be our safe haven away from the morning sun." "It's already past noon." I said. Shiro got up, too, looking at that phone device. She said: "It's 36:00. That's in the middle of the night." "What kind of clock are you using?!" I asked, but got no answer. I then noticed the books that were lying around. "Good grief. Look at all these valuable books scattered about." I started to pick them up as (N/N) yawned. "T-Take them to your grandfather's room for us, okay...?" Her voice sounded sleepy. I looked at her sleepy state and said: "It belongs to the three of you now, remember? The room's been used by generations of Elkian kings. You can't just move out on a whim." Sora looked at Shiro before saying:" The bed there is slanted, so it's really uncomfortable. Futons are the best." He put the covers back over the three of them. I quickly grabbed it and tried pulling it off, asking: "Why are you going back to sleep?! The lives of three million Imanitians rest upon your shoulders! Seeing this, the thought embarrasses me to no end!" "We embarrass you?" asked Sora with a look of interest. "Think what you will. That's your limit, not ours. Whether it's in our old world or any other, the Blank will never face work!" "Don't you dare look down on humans!" said Sora and Shiro at the same time. (N/N) was still lying on the ground, her eyes closed. I grew tick marks and said: "If that's how we humans are, we'd be better off dead. You've tested my patience one time too many! Sora! I challenge you to a duel!" "Oh?" He smirked at me, saying:" Challenging ME to a game, are you?" I took a small step back, but said: "Th-That's right." "Now that's something interesting..." murmured (N/N) as she slowly sat up. She rested her head on Sora's shoulder, looking at me with her bright, (e/c) eyes. "Fifth of the Ten Covenants: The right to decide a game's rule belongs to the challenged. You sure?" asked Shiro. I answered: "Yes. B-But seeing how you're humanity's greatest gamer, there's no way you'd give yourself an advantage over poor little me, right?" (N/N) shrugged while Sora said: "Fine then. You pick the game. So what're at stakes?" I looked at them with a confident look and said: "If I win, I'll have you... become a decent person!" A moment of silence passed before (N/N) burst out laughing. "Uhm..." I said, trying to stop her from laughing more. She said: "Y-You're kidding, right?" while still laughing. I got a little red from embarrassment, but managed to contain it.

(Y/N) Pov:

"M-My tummy hurts now..." I said as soon as I calmed down. I haven't laughed this long in years. "In that case..." said Sora, suddenly standing up and rushing over to Steph. "Please, Steph! Make me get an R-RL instead of becoming a decent person!" "And RL?" He cornered her on the small table and said: "It'll make me even better than a decent person. Come on, let's do it!" For some reason, the sight in front of me made me angry. I puffed my cheeks and walked over to him. "I'll lose no matter what!" As soon as he said that, I pulled him back, making him lose his balance and fall to the floor. Shiro quickly joined my side and said:" Ni, you can't lose to anyone but us." "Please, S-Sister. Would you stand in the way of your brother's happiness?" "The Blank cannot be allowed to lose." "No way!" I still glared at him as he muttered:" It's impossible for me to lose to Steph under normal circumstances." "Hey!" she yelled. He then grabbed her by her shoulder, saying: "Steph!" "Y-Yes?!" "I wager on the minuscule... I mean, nanoscopic chance that you'll somehow manage to beat me!" "My my, aren't you confident? We'll be playing..." Before she could finish, I said: "Wait!" They both stopped and looked at me. I glared at Sora and said: "Pervert." He looked at me for a second before quickly letting go of Steph. "I-I'm sorry, (Y/N)! I didn't mean to! Please don't hate me!" he said, but I turned around with my arms crossed in front of my chest. The room was silent as no one dared to say anything. "You're mean, ya know?" I asked, looking at the ground. "To kiss me, then robbing Steph's personal space." I touched my lips after I said that. That's right... Besides, seeing you with another girl makes me... Jealous, I guess... It was still silent as his arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me into a hug. "I really didn't mean it like that. I didn't mean to make you jealous." "I-I'm not jealous! Not in the slightest!" He nuzzled his head into my neck and asked: "Really? 'Cause you seemed pretty jealous." "Th-That's not true!" Stop stuttering already, stupid (Y/N)! "Hm? You sure?" "Of course I am!" "Whatever you say, princess." I got red, like, really red. P-Princess?! What is it with me getting nicknames from everyone? "Uhm, sorry to disturb your moment, but the game I want to play is Blackjack." said Steph, gaining our attention. Sora accepted and Steph got the cards ready. I sat on a chair a bit behind Sora, with Shiro on my lap. "I'll be the dealer and Sora will be the player, okay?" she asked. But Sora was totally somewhere else with his thoughts. "She's lost all interest?!" asked Steph as she looked at Shiro, who was sleeping peacefully on my lap. I only shrugged while yawning myself. "Oh, come on! Blackjack is a game of pure chance. Sora can't rely on cheats or mind games this way! Okay, here we go! Asciente!" "Asciente." said Sora in a bored tone. With that, the game began.